Thread: flying blind | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Hi,

I have a problem that for some weird reason, I cannot play the movies in Splinter Cell Double Agent. In some cases this is not a problem, because when I go to windows and return to the game (using [alt][tab]), I can get trough them and save by pressing [F5]. Nevertheless, it would be nice if someone knows how to fix this problem (I have windows vista, but I am already running the game in windows xp compatibility mode, this doesn't help).

If there is no solution, I need some help with flying the helicopter in the beginning of the shanghai level. Once again, I dont see the video, so I have to do it by sound only. Is this possible? And if so, how!

Marco
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi,

I have a problem that for some weird reason, I cannot play the movies in Splinter Cell Double Agent. In some cases this is not a problem, because when I go to windows and return to the game (using [alt][tab]), I can get trough them and save by pressing [F5]. Nevertheless, it would be nice if someone knows how to fix this problem (I have windows vista, but I am already running the game in windows xp compatibility mode, this doesn't help).

If there is no solution, I need some help with flying the helicopter in the beginning of the shanghai level. Once again, I dont see the video, so I have to do it by sound only. Is this possible? And if so, how!

Marco

What are your system specifications?

Be sure that you have the latest drivers for your video and sound cards.

Also go to UBI's website, select the support link and patches. Be sure to install all the SCDA patches that are available.

you might try to change the video settings for the game to lower settings and see if that will get it working for you.
    Official member of SCAA
    (Splinter Cell Addicts Anonymous)

Ok, I am running vista (but in compatibillity mode) and I have a Nvidia go 7300 video card.

Downloading the latest drivers is a bit of a problem, because nvidia doesnt support laptop drivers (or at least this one not yet). Also, I do have all the updates and changing the video settings didnt help.

So the funny thing is, that when the screen freezes(I see fisher and the bad guy standing in the heli, but the screen is rapidly changing from this one to the load screen), it is clear that the game is still loading. After waiting for a long time, it stops and when I then go to windows (alt-tab) and I go back to the game, I see another still, but now the sound kicks in and I can hear that I have to fly the heli.. but the screen doesnt refres...

The game doesn't support laptops with built-in graphics chips as they share some memory with the processor which causes conflicts during graphic rendering. The fact that you've been able to get this far is pretty amazing!

You might post in the SC Legacy [PC] section and ask someone for a save point after that area so you can continue. Other than that you may be out of luck unless you have a desktop computer you can run it on to get past that point...
    Official member of SCAA

I posted it here by accident, but afterwards I posted the same message in the pc-forum. Funny thing is, I only got a reply here!

Anyway, I guess I'll try to get a save game. There is no database with save games available?

By the way, thanks for the replies

No database of gamesaves that I know of. You might be able to google for some or browse the game sites like ign, other than that I'm out of suggestions.

Found something about creating a profile/directory like this:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\Ubisoft\SplinterCell4\Save\Offline\SAMFISHER

That unlocks the levels? It would be a shame to miss all of Shanghai though, as it's one of the best ones, graphically speaking, but then that's your problem - the graphics card you have can't handle it!

Found someone who installed older video drivers and got it working, here's what he said "Personally i have no probs on driver version 93.71". You might try to find an older version of the video driver and see if that will get you past it...
    Official member of SCAA

Trying an older driver? Sounds like an interesting solution. I am wondering if I can somehow change the settings of my graphics card in such a way that it doesnt share memory...

Nope, not on any laptop that doesn't have a replaceable video adapter (there are a few).

The video interface is hardwired into the system and the ram. A few high end laptops were built with separate video ram, but were very expensive.

Definitely try the older video drivers, as that has solved many problems with the older SC titles as well.

I also found a reference to someone who set his desktop and game screen settings to 800x600, then changed his graphics setting in the game (I think) from "next-gen" to "standard" and said that it got him past the more graphics intensive levels.
    Official member of SCAA

Installing another driver helped!

Thanks for the input.