Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: mm.exe problem | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Hey guys, I installed the game, all its components, and now as it is loading the bar gets about 3/4 of the way full and then says there is an error with the mm.exe file and it then terminates. Anyone else have this problem or know what is going on? How do I fix this so my game will run?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey guys, I installed the game, all its components, and now as it is loading the bar gets about 3/4 of the way full and then says there is an error with the mm.exe file and it then terminates. Anyone else have this problem or know what is going on? How do I fix this so my game will run?

Yes I am having this issue as well. I bouth from STEAM and they say UBI is the one that needs to resolve this issue. I dont know what to do. I paid my 50 bucks and now the possibility is high that I wont be able to play (even thoug I exceed the specs required) and I cant return. This is why PC gaming fails, no support we rely on these forums instead of aliving breathing human being on their side that can help us get our game running.

I get the same thing. mm.exe has encountered an error and will now close.

I'm way above minimum specs, every driver on my system is up to date, DX9.0c, video, mobo and sound. This happened with the freestanding demo and the STEAM demo. No other games give me any problems, and no other source engine games give that error.

Yeah im using the steam install as well, i get the mm.exe error loading chapter 4. My specs are also good. Core 2 duo 6600, 1900 xt, 2 gigs DDR2 675 ram

Hey guys read another thread about the mm.exe error and this part of the solution worked for me

"Goto System Properties > Advanced Tab > Perfomance [Settings] button > Data Execution Prevention > Select Turn on DEP For All programs ... Click [ADD} Button and browse to you DMM&M Driectory to adde the MM.exe"

Yeah, that hasn't helped. I've added the command line parameters, aded MM.exe to the DEP exception list, and so forth, but I still am completely unable to actually start the game. Which is funny and sad, because I chose to go with a nice boutique PC vendor this time around, seeing as how I'm all old and established and all.

Steam install,
    ASUS 7950gx2
    AMD AX23800
    4GB Patriot RAM

UBI soft and STEAM, just spit out generic nonesense. You can forget about help coming from them. Seems like this product was not ready to ship. This is a damn shame. Any clue on how to get our money back. The game doenst work and im out 50 bucks. Its funny actually, its like robbery, legally.

By the way I read a little about this issue and so far this seem to work for some. However non of these have worked for me.

Uninstall ALL Windowx XP updates from August 9th - 10th, which where like 6 or 8 different updates (with numbers starting with like "917.." and similar). After that and a restart the game started!

Also disable visual themes on mm.exe and (possibly) steam.exe. You do this by going to My Computer > C (or whatever you hard drive is) > Program Files > Steam > Steamapps > youraccounthere > dark messiah.
    Now, right click mm.exe and click properties. Then click the 'compatibility' tab and check off the box that says 'Disable visual themes' and hit Apply.

Next, and this part may not be required, navigate to steam.exe by just right clicking any steam shortcut icon you have, and disable visual themes here as well using the same method as before. Apply close any steam you have running, open it back up, and try launching Dark Messiah.

Last Fix.
    Under System Properties put the mm.exe under the Data Execution Prevention.

Lets us know if ANY of these work or a combination of any of these.

Good Luck guys.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Uninstall ALL Windowx XP updates from August 9th - 10th, which where like 6 or 8 different updates (with numbers starting with like "917.." and similar). After that and a restart the game started! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

It's always good to hear that someone got something working by some means.

But, shouldn't I be a little leary of removing operating system updates from Microsoft? (I have done this before, but it seems a tad risky.)

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast