Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Keep getting Tone cable unplugged message | Forums

Rocksmith 2014 Edition - The Smashing Pumpkins' "Cherub Rock"

How Guitar Teachers Can Use Rocksmith 2014 Edition

Rocksmith 2014 Edition -- How It Works -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Rocksmith 60-Day Challenge -- Trevor's Success Story -- Learn How To Play Guitar In 60 Days

Hi

I have just received my imported copy of Rocksmith.
    But cannot get past the setup screen.
    After right or left handed and stock type I get the message saying tone cable connected and to try and play.
    But I strum the guitar and dont hear anything through my system and eventually it says the cable has been disconnected.
    I cannot get past this screen.

Do I have a faulty cable or is it the guitar?
    The guitar is only a cheap beginners one that was bought in a bundle with an amp, tuner etc
    Like this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-...&hash=item43a08834bf
    The brand is Fortissim

T.I.A

MarJon
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Keep getting Tone cable unplugged message

Hi

I have just received my imported copy of Rocksmith.
    But cannot get past the setup screen.
    After right or left handed and stock type I get the message saying tone cable connected and to try and play.
    But I strum the guitar and dont hear anything through my system and eventually it says the cable has been disconnected.
    I cannot get past this screen.

Do I have a faulty cable or is it the guitar?
    The guitar is only a cheap beginners one that was bought in a bundle with an amp, tuner etc
    Like this one
    http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/New-...&hash=item43a08834bf
    The brand is Fortissim

T.I.A

MarJon

Sounds like the cable. Since it would know if it can connect to the USB interface in the cable or not.

Only think I can think of - that is not a faulty cable. Is the last bit of the cable is not connected properly. The break-away part between the USB connector and the black box on the cable.

You could try to connect it to a computer just to see if it registers correctly. Should be able to see it as normal USB audio input.

if you keep having issues, you may want to go to the "Epicenter event is freezing" thread. There has been a guy there from Ubisoft tech support trying to help a guy on that thread. he may be able to help you too. His screen name is Circus Midget or something like that.

Thanks for the quick responses guys.

Tried deleting game and save data, made no difference not that I expected it would but was worth a try.

Borrowing a friends guitar tomorrow that will confirm cable or guitar. I will update this thread with the results.

MarJon

Make sure you don't have headphones or any other USB device plugged in, sometimes this causes a problem, but it could be a bad cord, I am already on my second cord, my first one went bad after playing one time and it never worked again, had to return it, have had no issues with the new one even with headphones plugged in.

Tried another guitar and no luck so it looks like its the cable.
    So off to see about shipping it back to states for and exchange, which is a pain as it took 2 weeks to arrive.

@feedrail
    Heard that other usb devices may cause issue so made sure nothing else was plugged in.
    It looks like there may be an issue with the cable I have several comments from people having to exchange due to cable issues.

Ubisoft Support Staff NCSA
    If you keep getting the message that the cable for the guitar has been unplugged, this is generally caused from having a headset plugged in or having a Kinect/Playstation Move plugged in as well. Just try to make sure there is nothing else plugged in other than the controller and the guitar.

... I ordered the game, too as import from USA. In Germany, the cable is not sold separately - and the game will be published in 02/2012.

Did you try to get the game started with another cable (logilink, behringer etc.)? This would be interesting for me to make multiplayer mode.

thanks in advance
    dark

Just a quick update.

Looks like the issue was down to a faulty cable.
    After emailing the shop I bought it from they agreed to send me out just the cable.
    Once the new cable arrived everything worked fine.

Loving the game, but not the sore fingers :-)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast