Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Red Square Mission | Forums

It took me a while, but I finally realized how to beat this damn mission. Here's the deal:

1. You ABSOLUTELY need the Proximity Fuse and the Methanol Fuel Injection upgrades, for quicker kills and 20% increased speed, respectively. It is good to also have good armor, so you don't have to worry too much aboutbeing shot,and Stall Strips, so you canmake quicker turns.

2. You ABSOLUTELY need to blast all primary (red) targets, including planes, tanks, and armored cars. EVERYTHING "red" needs to be killed, no exceptions, or you will fail the mission. Orange (secondary) targets should be ignored unless you need extra ammunition.

3. Keep Cowboy's attack active at all times, andkeep Milo and Teach in attack mode always.

4. Here is the sequence of events:

A) After the parade sequence, and when the German attack starts, get your wingmen in attack mode and start blasting primary targets as quickly as you can. It does not matter if you kill planes, tanks, or armored cars first, just kill them all ASAP.

B) As soon as you kill the last primary target, you will be prompted to act as a spotter for Katyusha rocket batteries. Open up your tactical map, and head towards the large column of tanks. When they are in your sights, press X, and avoid the rocket barrage. After the rocket barrage, mop up remaining tanks with missiles.

C) You will then be prompted to take out flak gun emplacements. Again, put them in your sights, press X, avoid the Katyusha rockets, as well as AA flak, and mop up remaining gun emplacements. You must take them ALL out.

D) For the final part of the mission, you will need to take out a "super gun". Fly high in its opposite direction, turn around, descend towards it as slowly as you can, and put the super gun in your sights. When the cannon emplacement door opens, start firing missiles at it. When you run out, blast it with your machine guns. Two or three runs should do this.

AND YOU ARE DONE! Collect your achievements, pick up a beer (or an extra-caffeinated coke if you are underage), and smile! You've earned it!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

What worked for me is having the TACTICAL MAP (M) ON DISPLAY AT ALL TIMES. Gives you the bigger picture instead of flying around in circles with the limited radar. Kill all red targets but dont bother turning again and again to finish of individual targets. Target the nearest concentration of targets and use roks, them move on to next concentration. No matter wether planes or tanks. Use attack at all times and "cowboy" when u can to mop up targets. Always make sure you're targeting red targets before u use cowboy as you dont want him wasting time targeting secondary targets such as those pesky fast moving fighters.

Kill all the red targets and u see a large column approaching which u can kill easily enough with roks. The rest is a walk in the park

Also, dont get too close to ground targets as you'll find that firing roks at targets from a distance can kill 5 or 6 targets with 1 shot.

Hope this helps

americanthunder is right, you must stop reinforcments quick, after that everything is fine. Btw, in many missions you should pay attention on a radio com.

I killed every single red thing on the map as fast as possible and Red Square still loses health constantly. There is no way to make it not lose health.

I'm not sure you can kill everything on the map, there's a lot of units there. You only have to kill the red ones. After they die, you are asked to do the spotting for the Katyushas and after those last units are killed (by the Katyushas or by you), that section is over (and the Red Square stops taking damage).

Originally posted by Yortio:
    I killed every single red thing on the map as fast as possible and Red Square still loses health constantly. There is no way to make it not lose health.
    Grav above is right. Forget the fighters, u must kill all red targets. Use the Tactical Map to make sure where they all are

I had this glitch once, but i redid the mission twice, (first one is that the IL-2's in front of me speeded to the maximum and i couldnt keep up)

But i got every single ground and air unit in the map, and kremlin ran outta health, so i redid the mission, wiped out the para's before going after the straggler bombers.

+ i kept 1-2 fighters alive, and instantly when i downed the last planes, the katyushas came and straight wiped out the inc ground assault at SW part of the map.

Cleared the first kremlim part, the supercannon was easy one actually. when it opened up, just put in 2-4 salvos of rockets along with MG fire, you kill it. and krem takes only about 40-60% damage.

And the AA around the Dora was too busy shooting the other NPC IL-2s so you should be able to do you'r job undisturbed.

this is how it worked out for me.

Dont kill one type of unit all off, try to take out the remaining of the all units within about 3 minutes.

Oh well, best luck to ya in that mission.

I greet
    It it how is the button was used was was in this mission the X, and how the airplane has to be put to this column of tanks in order to these Katyusha began shooting?? Because me this something does not go out very... Sorry, my English is not the best...

i have to bring this topic up again.
    what i ran into is after used katyusha blow up the convoy.
    the red square still taking damage and dying.
    at the time theres not many red target (almost none) left but the square still keep gettin hit(like lots of people say before,the square was taking attack from nowhere. stukas?but i couldnt find any squadron over there) then the mission failed while square gets whipout and theres nothing i can do.
    after using the katyusha,i just couldnt find any particular target to shoot down and doing nothing but waiting for red square gets blow.
    my friend tald me after kills the convoy, i should reach a checkpoint then go fight the dora cannon. but i didnt.
    could someone tells me what i've missed?
    We do have more than 100 keys on keyboard, the melee/action key design is a failure.

......and just because people runs fast, it doesn't mean they want to jump over obstacles and kick down a door.

Originally posted by coltcat:
    i have to bring this topic up again.
    what i ran into is after used katyusha blow up the convoy.
    the red square still taking damage and dying.
    at the time theres not many red target (almost none) left but the square still keep gettin hit(like lots of people say before,the square was taking attack from nowhere. stukas?but i couldnt find any squadron over there) then the mission failed while square gets whipout and theres nothing i can do.
    after using the katyusha,i just couldnt find any particular target to shoot down and doing nothing but waiting for red square gets blow.
    my friend tald me after kills the convoy, i should reach a checkpoint then go fight the dora cannon. but i didnt.
    could someone tells me what i've missed?
    Might have been a bug in the mission so I would try it again. The convoy wont appear until everything else is gone around the square, and after the convoy is done, that is the end of the Red Square damage meter until the cannon, which was the easiest part of the mission...best bet was mentioned before with the proximity upgrade on the missiles...makes them much more forgiving and very easy to take out air targets.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast