Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Computer crashes? any ideas? | Forums

Hi all,
    I just got Silent Hunter 3. It looks pretty good on the box but I'm having some trouble. Every time I try to do the Trainning (Shooting the 10 planes down) it crashes just after loading up. The game lasts about 2 seconds. On other area's I might get to play for 3 mins before it crashes. Why is this? I'v installed the 1.1 patch aswell as totaly reformated my PC so its all clean. No viruses. It cant bee software coz i formated and only installed all the new drivers and it still happens in the same places. And when I say crash that means it "Re-starts my whole pc" Iv tried to look up the problem on the net but it seems to be uncommon if at all. The game runs on my slower lap top with out crashing....but low fps which is to be expected. This dosn't happen on any other game..........any idea??? Any help would be greatful. I'm really stressed for ideas.

I have a
    p4 530 sock 775(3 ghz)
    ASUS P5DG1 Mobo
    Nvidia 6600 GT 128 MB
    2x 512 Corsair ram 400 MHZ
    80 Gig Sata Seagate HD
    Lite-on DVD burner/player
    Lite-on cd/bunriner
    530 MAX WATT - EATX
    Windows XP SP2
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hi all,
    I just got Silent Hunter 3. It looks pretty good on the box but I'm having some trouble. Every time I try to do the Trainning (Shooting the 10 planes down) it crashes just after loading up. The game lasts about 2 seconds. On other area's I might get to play for 3 mins before it crashes. Why is this? I'v installed the 1.1 patch aswell as totaly reformated my PC so its all clean. No viruses. It cant bee software coz i formated and only installed all the new drivers and it still happens in the same places. And when I say crash that means it "Re-starts my whole pc" Iv tried to look up the problem on the net but it seems to be uncommon if at all. The game runs on my slower lap top with out crashing....but low fps which is to be expected. This dosn't happen on any other game..........any idea??? Any help would be greatful. I'm really stressed for ideas.

I have a
    p4 530 sock 775(3 ghz)
    ASUS P5DG1 Mobo
    Nvidia 6600 GT 128 MB
    2x 512 Corsair ram 400 MHZ
    80 Gig Sata Seagate HD
    Lite-on DVD burner/player
    Lite-on cd/bunriner
    530 MAX WATT - EATX
    Windows XP SP2

Er......I was 3 hours into a career then BUMP ! my PC crashed as well, and I mean locked out so that I had to pull the plug to re-boot.

I have V1.1 so until its sorted out with a possible V1.2 or higher, I will just have hope for the best.

There are always glitches with any new game I find !

Well, i have to deal with some crash to desktop problems too... But most of time it's after 1 hour playing... Just have to save often ^^

Its not doing it to me. I did have problems when I had ship's music running and it would create sound glitches when I go time acceleration. After turning off music completely all was ok. Maybe that could of been a problem?
    .â·âºâ·._________________________________________ ____________.â·âºâ·.
    The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few.
    Help someone. Share your knowledge. Information Integration!
    Above all - Never forget to keep on Smiling' Always!
    .â·â

I havn't played even one patrol in my dynamic gampaign as it crashes to desktop everytime before i get to the patrol area. I got through the academy without problems and it doesn't crash at all.

Comp specs.
    Athlon 64 3200+
    DFI Lanparty nf4sli-dr
    Gainward GeForce 6600Gt 128Mb w/ VIVO (Nevest Omega drivers)
    1Gb DDR RAM
    SH3 installed on a non-RAID SATA drive.
    And a WIN XP Pro

P.S 1.1 patch fixed that white-thing on he surface thing from my binoculars but not the UZO but thatr Ctrl+P works. thank you devteam for a great game. it roks.

Wierd guys, must be a driver problem somewhere, or hardware.

I have :

Athlon Thunderbird 1.4
    ATI rad 9600xt
    512 meg
    EP 8KHA

and no probs at all, no crashes or sound or graphics glitches. Been running for 2 days now

Hope you all get it sorted!

Well i havent been able to play more then 10min at the time.. havnt even gotten passed the first training mission.. computer reboots.. comes back with a dialog box saying XP has been restored after a serious crash involving a device driver.. i play lots of games with no problem and after waiting months for this it feels like those were wasted money..

Specs
    Intel P4 3500
    2gb ddr2
    Nvidia 6800 Ultra pci express
    raptor 10000rpm disk

Hi.

I have a Athlon 64 with GT6800 and some serious crash. (I have to shut down and restart my computer to restore it).

windows say then that a device cause the problem. One time, it says it ways my GT6800.

But the thing strange is that i do not have crash during mission play.

I have crash..... in the campaign menu !! loading crew or new weapon is a serious danger for my system.

There is a problem in these menu..

Stelteck.

I didn't read all through this so forgive me if someone already suggested this. But I run this fine on a PIII 733Mhz Coppermine. I do use a Nvidia 5900Ultra, but only 512 RAM. And it runs fairly smooth. Not like minimum specs ofcourse, but I also had crash and freeze ups at first. I just backed down the graphics load and it worked. No more freezes or crashes. Some jitters around lots of graphics, like in Lorient, but not at sea. Runs smooth, doesn't crash. Turn off the high end graphics and back down the pixel fill thingy. I put mine on zero for port, 33 at sea. I set my card on performance selections, but do use FSAA 2X and triliner filtering. Hope something in that helps you.
    [hr][color:white]Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.
    Will Rogers (1879 - 1935)[/color]

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast