Thread: Hyperlobby -- Connection Timeout -- HELP! | Forums

Hey,

I'm an experienced player, back from a year long hiatus and I can't connect to HL anymore!!

Port 21000 TCP & UDP is opened bidirectionally on my router and windows firewall (I even dropped the windows firewall to be sure) .. I'm running the latest version of HL 3.9.111 I think? .. and version 4.08m of IL-2 .. I can connect to HL no problem, but I cannot connect to *any* game servers!!! I get a 'connection timed out' error inside il-2

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I can't seem to locate a logfile so I've no idea what the problem could be
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey,

I'm an experienced player, back from a year long hiatus and I can't connect to HL anymore!!

Port 21000 TCP & UDP is opened bidirectionally on my router and windows firewall (I even dropped the windows firewall to be sure) .. I'm running the latest version of HL 3.9.111 I think? .. and version 4.08m of IL-2 .. I can connect to HL no problem, but I cannot connect to *any* game servers!!! I get a 'connection timed out' error inside il-2

Does anyone have any ideas or suggestions? I can't seem to locate a logfile so I've no idea what the problem could be

from hyperlobby homepage

· IL-2 Sturmovik game: I getting connection timeout messages when trying to join a game ...

Few problems that i have solved based from wrong installation of the patch. When the game starting, display version under startup progress bar. Be sure that you have downloadet and installed latest IL2 patch from http://www.il2sturmovik.com . In some cases is this problem caused by network configuration.

Solution for users behind NAT router/firewall:
    The game using always UDP port 21000 (hyperlobby force this port). You must setup your router/firewall to enable this port in both direction. Some NAT routers have options DMZ host to expose one ip from internal network directly to the internet. Use this option when you want host game server. Edit the hlpro.ini file and in section [IL-2 Sturmovik (full version)] change value DetectLocalIP=1 to DetectLocalIP=0.

Solution for users with multiple network adapters:
    Hl always automaticaly detect right IP address of network adapter that are connected in to internet, and force the game to use this adapter. This option should be turned off by hlpro.ini file. Edit the hlpro.ini file and in section [IL-2 Sturmovik (full version)] change value DetectLocalIP=1 to DetectLocalIP=0.
    Then open il2setup application and select right network adapter by network tab.

Solution for users with a software firewall:
    The game using always UDP port 21000 (hyperlobby force this port). You must enable this port to both direction .Zonealarm offering only enable or disable acces to the internet and enable or disable listenning. Good is enable both when you want host games. Tiny Personal Firewall offering more detailed setup ...

HyperLobby (or just HL) is an online gaming lobby primarily designed to support online flight simulation and other online games. The client is written in Visual Basic 5.0 and the server part is in C, designed for the Linux environment. The server side of HL is not and will not be avialable for download. HL is a chat that is enhanced by game launch and other features. For communication, HL needs connection into the Internet by TCP port 1698, and for latency calculation betwen clients uses an ICMP echo reply protocol. I started the HL project in summer 2000 as an experiment to create an alternative place to fly Jane's WW2 Fighters. Due to its popularity, HL was enhanced to support more games ...

Hope the info. you need is there,if not go to
    the hl forum and look or ask you'll get or find
    the answer.
    Reguards
    Petrosky
    -=FA=-

I'm behind a nat/firewall router, and I've done everything outlined in this article, and am 100% sure it's configured properly (I'm a unix admin .. I know what I'm doing ...... but STILL timeouts to every server.. it's almost like my IP is banned or something but it couldn't be as I have not played since I moved & changed ISP's

(not saying I was banned before, I wasn't.. lol!)

For me the solution was to deactivate the HAMACHI network adapter. so only one adapter is active - the one to the router. udp port enabled. everything is fine now

For me solution woos to disable SkyStar2 sat card. Will try some setup later to have it both...

Sorry for resurrecting this thread from the dead, but it is the exact same problem I'm having which I can't seem to find anywhere.
    My Hyperlobby doesn't want to connect to any server at all. It gets Server timed out.
    I'm running Windows Vista and I the port is activated both ways, the firewall is completely off, I've re-installed both multiple times, I've managed to play online via wippien and can still do so. I do not have wippien running when I try to get into Hyperlobby. I can log into and chat with Hyperlobby and it can load up IL2 when I click on join server. I have changed the conf.ini of hyperlobby like on the hyperlobby faq to show DetectIP=0 (Or whatever it is, from the top of my head) I would love to play online and I've missed out on a few of my clans scrims because I am unable to connect to them. Anyone have any ideas?