Thread: Dawn of Discovery, Major Problems, Pls help | Forums

K, so I recently bought the game Dawn of Discovery for PC, and I am having some graphic problems with it. The game is fine until I hit the play button, before that every thing is fine. When I hit the play button, it goes through the little into and then enters the first Chapter, here is were things get weird.

Sometimes, it's fine, a least for awhile, but if I click on something, or change screens, I get some weird stuff like this

Or stuff like this

or When I set the graphic settings to Window mode, I get the worse of them all, This

(This one will skip between a good view and this sometimes as well)

I've tried everything I can think of to Fix this, I've reinstalled the game at least 3 times now and have downloaded and installed all the patches as well, does anyone know what this is? or how to Fix it?

Now I do not know a lot about things like processors or Graphic cards, but I do not believe it's that, I mean I'm able to run Oblivion (admittedly on Min requirements, but that's what this game is on to) and most online games perfectly fine, but this one just does not Like me. Just in case though here is my System Info.

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

K, so I recently bought the game Dawn of Discovery for PC, and I am having some graphic problems with it. The game is fine until I hit the play button, before that every thing is fine. When I hit the play button, it goes through the little into and then enters the first Chapter, here is were things get weird.

Sometimes, it's fine, a least for awhile, but if I click on something, or change screens, I get some weird stuff like this

Or stuff like this

or When I set the graphic settings to Window mode, I get the worse of them all, This

(This one will skip between a good view and this sometimes as well)

I've tried everything I can think of to Fix this, I've reinstalled the game at least 3 times now and have downloaded and installed all the patches as well, does anyone know what this is? or how to Fix it?

Now I do not know a lot about things like processors or Graphic cards, but I do not believe it's that, I mean I'm able to run Oblivion (admittedly on Min requirements, but that's what this game is on to) and most online games perfectly fine, but this one just does not Like me. Just in case though here is my System Info.

Pls Tell me if you need any more Information and how to get it.

Anyone Know?

It's your Video card, or rather the on board video chip, as that model hasn't got a separate video card, it just uses a chip on the motherboard that shares the system ram, and that isn't really good enough for most games.

You can buy and fit a proper dedicated video card, which has its own, much faster GDDR ram, there is a PCI-Express x 16 video expansion slot in that model, in fact, I think that model has a SLI motherboard that has two slots which allows fitting dual cards coupled together for even greater performance.

You may however need to upgrade the power supply, as I think it only has a 250W supply fitted, which is unlikely to be a high enough rating to power a video card when it's at full load.

Official Whisky taster and Herald to the Mighty Alderbranch.
    "The clues are out there.....S.N.A.F.U."
    Anno Fans | Settlers Maps

I already bought a new video card (the GeForce) when I bought Oblivion, or do you mean something else? and if it's the same thing, does that mean there a problem with it them?

O_O or am I just not getting something lol >_<

Your DXDiag is showing the video as a Geforce 6150SE nForce 430, and the nForce 430 is the chipset used on the motherboard, which means that it's an integrated video chip, and not a video card.

I have a marginally better Geforce 6250SE video card in one of my old spare computers, with its own dedicated video ram, and that struggled to run the game, and that was on minimum settings.

Simple answer, you need a better video card than the on board 6150SE chip.

Strange, I know I bought a GeForce Video card and installed it, but now that you say that, I'm not sure if thats the one (that's active and show in the above Pic). Now I did have some problems with my comp a little back, and somethings got changed around, is it possible that when this happened the card stopped being used and it switched to this Chip thing started being used again? if so, is there any way to check or fix this?

To Clarify, This is similar to the thing I bought (although not exactly the same),

(goggled Video card)
    Now again, I'm, not really great with these terms so excuse me if I got this wrong and this ends up being a Chip. it'd be just my luck.

The quick way to check, is to take a look at which connector the video card to the monitor is connected to, it may be connected to the on board video chip, and not your video card, which would explain the dxdiag result.

K, I took a look comp and lo and behold, It was not plugged in to it, in fact, strangely there is only one there. After a Moment of confusion, I opened it up and found the blasted thing was gone. When the "punch-a-whole-in-the-wall" rage was gone, I found out my brother "lent" my Video card to a friend, >_> you can imagine how I'm feeling right now.

Now I'm out a $120 card and a $30 game, just great.

Anyhow, thanks for the info, It would have probably been much longer till I figured this out without the help, Thanks again.

And to those that are gonna ask why I did not finger this out sooner, Again, I am not that great with Computers, All I knew was that the video card I bought was a GeForce and the thing said that's what it was using, so I thought they were the same.

What I still can't figure out though is how Oblivion is working when it requires pretty high graphic junk, anyone know?