Thread: wow I NEED SOME HELP the update will not work | Forums

I just download the game and click the link to get the 1.4 new verison. Well when i try to update it i keep getting this message "Could not retrieve installation folder! Installation will be aborted" wow i douno what to do .. does anyone else ?

I just download the game and click the link to get the 1.4 new verison. Well when i try to update it i keep getting this message "Could not retrieve installation folder! Installation will be aborted" wow i douno what to do .. does anyone else ?

mayb cos u downloaded it so it dont have all the files u wouldget wen u actually buy the game so the update wont install

the game for free with my graphics card it gave me the key code and everything so i have the game it is not a cracked verison. It is a dvd disk. So i souno what i should do .. do you think i should download 1.3 first then download the 1.4

If you access the game through "Programs" on your computer instead of through a short cut, there is an option there for "Update" along with "Play Game". And be sure you have your firewall disabled while you try to update.

Try the Community Help Forum. There may be some advice on the subject there.

I will create a shortcut in that forum so you do not need to make a new post about it there.

You may want to try a reinstall and a re patch. Might be something didn't install correctly. Also a good idea to do a scan disk and a defrag before the reinstall just to be sure your hard drive is cleaned up.
    Never play alone again. Join the Blackwidow Company today.