Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: Cliffs of Dover Technical FAQ | Forums

I found this while searching for information on Cliffs of Dover and admittedly I am a latecomer to this discussion, but the video you cited is great--simultaneously entertaining and educational. I certainly now know to stay away from CoD until its significant bugs have been corrected. I must admit I am surprised by how buggy CoD seems to be, given the success of previous IL-2 versions, especially 1946, and given that CoD has been under development for 7 years. I realize combat flight sims are complex and are sometimes an ongoing project, but, if a company expects buyers to pay $45-$50 for a game, the game should be a relatively finished and complete product that provides entertainment, not frustration.

Originally posted by RogueUK01:
    What a load of crap, wish I'd waited to hear about these problems before buying! My PC is well above most rec. specs with only my cpu (Q6600 O/Ced to 3ghz) letting me down. I've been looking forward to this title for 7 yrs and first pre-ordered the game over 6 yrs ago so how dare 1 of the developers insult both myself and all the other IL 2 fans out there by saying "Due to pressure of release date" You have had 7 YEARS to sort thse problems out and I suggest you get it sorted asap as at present IL2 Cliffs Of Dover is an embarrasment to the IL2 series and Ubisoft!!!!! But here is a link to hopefully put a lil smile on the faces of all the disappionted fans out there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs56Mr9iFqQ
    Get the playability of this sim sorted guys, after all, the pressure of release date didnt affect your first console title Wings of Prey!!!!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

How to Download the game

I purchased IL10 1946 about 2 yrs ago and installed it on my pc....since then my pc crashed and I have purchased a new one but cant figure out how to download the game onto my new pc....any help??

Quote Originally Posted by roadtrip9444 View Post
    I purchased IL10 1946 about 2 yrs ago and installed it on my pc....since then my pc crashed and I have purchased a new one but cant figure out how to download the game onto my new pc....any help??
    If you have a new copy of IL2:1946 on disk and a Win7 PC, look at http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...-with-win7-FIX
    For other issues with IL2:1946, post you question in http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.p...Community-Help

Hi, just bought IL2 Cliffs of Dover and I cant really play in it. Game getting crash nearlly everytime and its cutting and lagging a lot. Going to reinstal WIndows I hope it will help but maybe its my hardware? I have
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @3.16 (2CPUs), P5Q PRO Turbo,
    Corsair 4GB 2x 2GB DDR2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5C, Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 vapor-x 1GB , Windows XP

any comments would be helpful. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by Givera View Post
    Hi, just bought IL2 Cliffs of Dover and I cant really play in it. Game getting crash nearlly everytime and its cutting and lagging a lot. Going to reinstal WIndows I hope it will help but maybe its my hardware? I have
    Intel Core 2 Duo CPU E8500 @3.16 (2CPUs), P5Q PRO Turbo,
    Corsair 4GB 2x 2GB DDR2 TWIN2X4096-6400C5C, Sapphire Radeon HD 4890 vapor-x 1GB , Windows XP

any comments would be helpful. Thanks
    Windows XP could be a problem, the game runs heaps better on Win7. I'm not sure about your graphics card either, it's not on the list of supported cards.
    Also, is that a laptop system? I'm thinking it's not, but if it is you'll almost certainly have problems.
    Last edited by Tully__; 06-01-2012 at 10:03 AM.

Hi,
    sorry for bothering and politely sorry for any kind of bad behaving from me. I've got a difficult problem. I've bought a Il-2 CoD just yesterday, after installation the game runs just fine, but first the preview of aircraft is not working, I see a black box instead of a Spitfire. Nevertheless I start a random mission and after loading I see the windows screen. In upper left corner there is a small rectangular. Surprisingly the game works "normal" I hear the engine, voices in the cockpit. I installed the newest drivers of graphics, check for any instability in widows. Also I checked the same thing appears on my PC and two other laptops. With different drivers and multiple configurations. I'm asking because I just run out of ideas.
    Here is the conf.ini file:

[BOB]

[window]
    DepthBits =24
    StencilBits=8
    DrawIfNotFocused=0
    SaveAspect=0

[NET]
    speed=100000
    localPort=27015
    serverName=My Server
    serverDescription=IL-2 Sturmovik: Cliffs of Dover
    serverInfo1=
    serverInfo2=
    serverInfo3=
    serverInfo4=
    VAC=1
    maxPlayers=255
    socksEnable=0
    socksHost=
    socksPort=1080
    socksUser=
    socksPwd=

[Console]
    IP=20001
    UseStartLog=1
    WRAP=1
    PAUSE=1
    HISTORY=1024
    HISTORYCMD=1024
    PAGE=20
    LOG=0
    LOGTIME=0
    LOAD=console.cmd
    SAVE=console.cmd
    LOGFILE=log.txt
    LOGKEEP=0

[rts]
    ; 0 - not use, 1 - show cursor and not capture, 2 - not show cursor, and capture
    mouseUse=2
    ; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
    joyUse=1
    ; 0 - not use, 1 - use if hardware exist
    trackIRUse=1

[rts_mouse]
    SensitivityX=1.0
    SensitivityY=1.0
    SensitivityZ=1.0
    Invert=0
    SwapButtons = 0

[rts_joystick]
    FF=1

[core]
    RandSeed = 0
    TexQual=3
    TexFlags.PolygonStipple=0
    Shadows=1
    SpecularLight=2
    DiffuseLight=2
    DynamicalLights=1
    MeshDetail=1
    LandShading=1
    LandDetails=1
    Sky=3
    Forest=2
    VisibilityDistance=3
    LandGeom=2
    DrawCollisions=1
    Water=-1
    Effects=1
    EffFlags.Light=1
    EffFlags.SpriteRender=0
    Grass=3
    CordEffect=1
    UseFog=0
    UseLandCube=1
    UseLandConnectedObject=1
    LinearObjectManager=1
    Roads=1
    Sun=1
    Clouds=1
    EffFlags.LightSpritesProj=1
    ShadowMapSize=5
    TexFlags.AsyncLoad=1
    TexFlags.ShowTexture=0
    SimpleMesh.SWTransform=0
    SimpleMesh.QuadTreeClip=1
    SimpleMesh.InstancingHW=1
    EffFlags.LightContextSprites=1
    CloudsFlags.Detailed=1
    TexFlags.CreateHDR=1
    Decals=1
    EffFlags.SWLight=0
    TexFlags.CockpitOnePass=0
    MegaTexture=0
    TexFlags.Reflection=0
    RenderTargetQual=3
    MSAA=0
    MeshStatics=1
    MeshStaticsDetail=2
    SimpleMesh.QTNoCompose=0
    MeshFirstLod=0
    MeshShowLod=0
    SpawnHumans=0

[sound]
    SoundUse=1
    DebugSound=0
    SoundEngine=1
    Speakers=1
    Placement=0
    SoundFlags.reversestereo=0
    RadioFlags.Enabled=1
    RadioEngine=2
    MusicVolume=14
    ObjectVolume=7
    MusState.takeoff=1
    MusState.inflight=1
    MusState.crash=1
    MusFlags.play=1
    MasterVolume=14
    Attenuation=7
    SoundMode=0
    SamplingRate=0
    NumChannels=2
    SoundExt.occlusions=1
    SoundFlags.hardware=1
    SoundFlags.streams=1
    SoundFlags.duplex=1
    SoundExt.acoustics=1
    SoundExt.volumefx=1
    SoundFlags.voicemgr=1
    SoundFlags.static=1
    VoiceVolume=8
    Channels=1
    SoundFlags.bugscorrect=0
    SoundExt.extrender=0
    SoundSetupId=8
    ActivationLevel=0.02
    Preemphasis=0.8
    RadioLatency=0.5
    AGC=1
    PTTMode=1
    RadioFlags.PTTMode=0
    RadioFlags.PlayClicks=1
    ActLevel=9
    MicLevel=10
    SoundFlags.UseRadioChatter=0
    SoundFlags.AutoActivation=0
    SoundFlags.forceEAX1=0
    speakers=1

latest patch has helped things alot but here are a few tips to help with in game situational awareness.
    in conf.ini add these values to their relative code lines

VisibilityDistance=6 this increases the range of view( funny that)
    MeshShowLod=8 this increases the size of the dot of aircraft at range. not dramaticly but enuff so that you can see them at high res
    SpawnHumans=1 this puts a pilot in other aircraft... eye candy i know but im sick of shooting down ghosts

next.......read this thread and add the files suggested to your game folder and increase the dot range to 30 in the icon.rcu

http://www.airwarfare.com/sow/index....ons&Itemid=163

this actually will help in objects correctly being seen within the range paramaters of your graphics resolution.........

for those seeking color enhancements checkout fxaa in the 1c forums

Clears Skies

92Sqn~Strings

Tried that, got this :-

Before...

After...

(was already using SpawnHumans = 1)
    Always back up your config file befote tinkering.
    Last edited by Low_Flyer_MkIX; 11-13-2012 at 11:01 AM.

"You need to get out and **** more, L_F m8."

9 months later and the stuttering continues. How many updates were there in total?

i assume u are playing via steam thefore your game should update automatically if u have the option selected. there will be no more official updates. we will have to rely on the modders which have already done a great job, ie rearm refuel.

what are your system specs? my game runs very smooth but if alot of static items are drawn in ( tanks, trucks, etc) then i will get micro stutters. pretty smooth sailing over all.

|CM HAF-X | i5 3570k | ASUS Sabertooth z77 MB | EVGA GTX 570HD 2.5GB DDR3 | Corsair Vengence 8 GB RAM
    | Creative Recon sc | Creative 5.1THX | Antec HCP 850w | OCZ vertex 4 SSD | WD Caviar Black 1TB |

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast