Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliffs of Dover Technical FAQ | Forums

Originally posted by flamins:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
    So you can't see props at all no matter what? I thought it was just when you have the anti-epilepsy filter on.
    No, you can never see them. Doesn't matter whether the epilepsy filter is on or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

What the hell? And they're saying they'll never fix it?
    -----------------

"i got banned from the falt earth society for saying nonsenses"
    --raaaid
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Games doesn't launch:

AVG tells me that Steam is a threat
    c:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\rendobj.dll

Threat found in Win32/Heur - detected on open

When launching I get:

Error signature:
    EventType: clr20r3 P1: launcher.exe P2: 1.0.0.0 P3: 4d6e3d08 P4: Maddox P5: 1.0.0.0 P6: 4d937c64 P7: 485 P8:13 P9: sytem.io.file load exception

Bag of ****e?

Update: Finally got it to work ish. Had to put the AVG file in the exceptions part of AVG control panel & reload the game.

If I put any graphics above the lowest setting (very low) then the game just crashes. The noise in the cockpit is so loud you can't hear teamspeak & you cant and will never see the prop. Sometimes the single missions load sometimes they don't. I can't find out where to download an english manual.

Running xp, 2.7 dual core, 4 gig ram ddr 3, nvidia 9600gt - perhaps my system isn't good enough. I wish I hadn't wasted my money - sticking with IL2 1946 until fixes are released because it's too frustating

Update:

Found the manuals - they are located as follows:
    C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\manual

This will be a great game for those who can afford a high spec computer. The mission builder looks brilliant and I'm sure over time it will develop into a legend. I'll just have to wait until I can afford to upgrade my computer.

Haven't been able to start the game once. I'm trying to run the Steam version under windows 7 with a nVidia 560 ti. The launcher stops working after a couple of seconds with the problem signature below. I've done the crc check on the steam files, installed all the redist folder using admin, yet nothing seems to help.

Problem signature:
    Problem Event Name: CLR20r3
    Problem Signature 01: launcher.exe
    Problem Signature 02: 1.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 03: 4d6e3d08
    Problem Signature 04: System
    Problem Signature 05: 4.0.0.0
    Problem Signature 06: 4ba1dff4
    Problem Signature 07: 2b79
    Problem Signature 08: 14
    Problem Signature 09: System.IO.FileNotFoundException
    OS Version: 6.1.7600.2.0.0.256.1
    Locale ID: 7177
    Additional Information 1: 0a9e
    Additional Information 2: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789
    Additional Information 3: 0a9e
    Additional Information 4: 0a9e372d3b4ad19135b953a78882e789

In the event log, I found the following:

Application: Launcher.exe Framework Version: v4.0.30319 Description: The process was terminated due to an unhandled exception. Exception Info: System.IO.FileNotFoundException Stack: at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.GetPr opertyValue(System.String) at System.Configuration.ApplicationSettingsBase.get_I tem(System.String) at maddox.Properties.Settings.get_nativeDLL() at maddox.Launch.leoX1TikeyJJcUgeaug(System.Object) at maddox.Launch.rv7PqTB6t() at maddox.Launch.Program(System.String[]) at Launcher.Program.Main(System.String[])

Help ...

Originally posted by DarylBlaber:
    heres one,

Why does the launcher always crash?
    JG52Uther helped me with this one:

If you are using AVG antivirus disable it, or disable resident shield (and maybe any online mode you might have if you have a professional/pay version).

Also this, originally Posted by Danny M NL :
    "this one can be easily fixed. just add rendobj.dll to you PUP exceptions in avg. that should fix it."
    PUP exceptions can be found in the advanced settings section, under the Tools tab.
    major_setback/restranger

[COLOR:BLACK]Click on the sign

So just to state, I'm not using AVG antivirus and did not get any notification indicating a virus warning. The launcher just crashes after the initial download.
    I've downloaded the whole game again (with my fixed cap) from steam, but still get the same problem. I’m running the 270.51 nVidia drivers. Please note that I’m living in Africa and had to steal 100 food aid packages to pay for the game and would really appreciate if someone could assist me with this problem.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
    So you can't see props at all no matter what? I thought it was just when you have the anti-epilepsy filter on.
    No, you can never see them. Doesn't matter whether the epilepsy filter is on or not. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

rubbish, i can see mine.

the prop is there

My wife has Grand Mal Epilepsy. Unlike some people, we have a brain and if we're concerned that a game's flashing is going to induce a seizure, she doesn't watch.

PROBLEM SOLVED.

Ubisoft, I won't buy this if you don't allow propellors to work like they should. Europe was supposed to be better than the U.S. for stupid litigious laws.

actually, the props appear more like real life, considering the eye doesn't have a clapper like a camera does and most seem to think how a prop looks in a movie is how it is real life. That isn't the case.

What a load of crap, wish I'd waited to hear about these problems before buying! My PC is well above most rec. specs with only my cpu (Q6600 O/Ced to 3ghz) letting me down. I've been looking forward to this title for 7 yrs and first pre-ordered the game over 6 yrs ago so how dare 1 of the developers insult both myself and all the other IL 2 fans out there by saying "Due to pressure of release date" You have had 7 YEARS to sort thse problems out and I suggest you get it sorted asap as at present IL2 Cliffs Of Dover is an embarrasment to the IL2 series and Ubisoft!!!!! But here is a link to hopefully put a lil smile on the faces of all the disappionted fans out there http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zs56Mr9iFqQ
    Get the playability of this sim sorted guys, after all, the pressure of release date didnt affect your first console title Wings of Prey!!!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast