Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: Cliffs of Dover Technical FAQ | Forums

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\il-2 sturmovik cliffs of dover\rendobj.dll
    is detected by AVG as a threat.

I believe this may be known as a false positive and have sent a password protected zipped copy of the file to AVG for testing, as per their reply to my email query.

In the mean-time an effective work around is simply to go to your AVG/tools/Advanced Settings/Resident Shield/Excluded Items and add the above path/file to avoid AVG screwing with your game.

~S~

334th_marcphil2
    COMMANDING OFFICER
    334th Eagle Squadron
    Loose Sight - Loose the Fight
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

----------------------------------------
    i7-860@3.8, 4GB, ati4890-2GB, 1680x1050, Win7-64, smooth 30-40 fps(avg. 36) in a mission with 30 bots low over ground, clouds on (shadows and houses low, forest - med, the rest - high, 2xAA forced in drivers

I bought this from steam (UK)
    and when I load the game, it is just a black screen.
    If I go into and out of sleep mode, then I end up at the main menu, however the pilot, and aircraft sections just show a black box in the options menu.
    when I try and load a mission, it returns me to the desktop, with the game still running and the sounds playing.

I do not have a NVIDIA card/driver and have plenty of RAM (4GBs).
    Can you help please?

Start - Run
    regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers
    Edit - New - DWord
    Name = TdrDelay
    Value Data = 12

Thank you
    This worked for me with a NVidia 9500 GT 1 Gb
    Frame rate very low though

Originally posted by gsbr:
    Start - Run
    regedit
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Contro l\GraphicsDrivers
    Edit - New - DWord
    Name = TdrDelay
    Value Data = 12

Thank you
    This worked for me with a NVidia 9500 GT 1 Gb
    Frame rate very low though
    This has already been used by me, I needed this to actually get the game to load, and now it has I encounter the no picture problem.

Hello fellow AV8ors/staff
    I have the game on pre-order still is the release date now April 19th? Also after making the buy I hear the download can be bought on another website and used in north america which to me is odd seeing both this and that site both use Stream I mean why should Ubisoft buyers have to wait?

I use to play Fighter Ace Online which is now dead due to not listening to customers and adding Jets to a ww2 game

So far from what i seen on youtube the game looks great even the wheels are round lol
    I have gone out and bought upgrades to my computer ( video card and PSU ) My Squad mates keep bugging me to see the new game Before they buy it for there computers ..I think so far in the base I'm 3rd in the list of goodies on the computer so not many will run it (laptops etc)

To the sales team of Ubisoft or promo : why would you offer Silent hunter 4 as a free game download for ordering Cliffs of dover? Yes i'm sure its a good game. I have played the first or 2nd one and loved it ...However in the 1 month after ordering the Pre-order I never got a notice to download it Which would of been a great deal for your Customers to hang on with Ubisoft and not cancel there order And be able to play SH till COD was released Just have a Notice ( Deal customer : Thank you for buying Cliffs of dover Download release April 26th Please enjoy Silent hunter 3 as are gift to you are valued customer Please remember once your free gift is Downloaded and the reg key is used Your Purchase order has been filed/claimed

Rather then having to wait till april 26th for both games to be downloaded ...P.s you guys need a salesman?? hehehe

My tech question is is ..are most people using 1 montior set ups? i have 17" x3 and a 42" tv at home and a single 17" VGA screen on base
    My system AMD Dual core Athlon II x2 215
    4 DDR3 Duel Channel.
    500Gb HD western Digtial
    5770 XFX HD 1Gb Eyefintiy Cross-fire
    750watt 140mm fan PSU. 120mm case fan 80mm CPU fan
    Windows 7, Free track,
    Plan on getting 2 more Gig and a quad core soon

Any problems with this set up I should be looking out for? Thanks

Yes, it's somewhat annoying that the game doesn't run perfectly right from the box, but some of you whiners ought to give Oleg & his team a break. A flight sim is an incredibly complex piece of software which most of you couldn't even imagine - but apart from this, we've just enjoyed YEARS of the basic IL2 game with Oleg's support. THAT didn't work 'bang-on' firdt time either - but he soon brought it up to the best combat flight sim the world's ever seen; this cfs will be even better than Forgotten Battles - and what with the problems already encountered, he's already started to fix most of them! A cfs needs end-users to report back the bug list so the developers can react; that's exactly what they are doing, so give me and other Maddox supporters a break - belt up!

Originally posted by AUS_Wolf_Rider:
    actually, the props appear more like real life, considering the eye doesn't have a clapper like a camera does and most seem to think how a prop looks in a movie is how it is real life. That isn't the case.
    A-FREEKIN_MEN!!!

We seem to be the only two people on the planet who know this Wolf Rider.

Anybody interested in flying an air combat SIMULATION?
    If you're looking for Operational Realism, the JSAWG wants you.

"The MiG look

A: You have most likely manually reset your render to use DX9. Cliffs of Dover only supports DX9 on Windows XP. Please use DX10 on DX10-capable operating systems, as switching to DX9 actually reduces performance, in addition to leading to unexpected crashes.

How do you reset DX. And how can I find out what DX is running??
    -=FA=-Klabo

EVGA X58 i7 920@4GHz, 6GB Corsair 1600/DDR3, 2x ZOTAC GTX 280 amp!,PSU Corsair 1000HX, WCD WD1500HLF(16Mb), Creative Extreme Music,Trackir3, W Vista 64bit.

Originally posted by Klabo44:

How do you reset DX. And how can I find out what DX is running??

-=FA=-Klabo
    In the conf.ini file (the one in the Documents\Softclub/etc. I think) there is a line that says something like Use_Render_DX10 or DX9. Something like that. You change it there. According to the setup in your sig, you should be set to DX10.
    "The basis of our governments being the opinion of the people, the very first object should be to keep that right; and were it left to me to decide whether we should have a government without newspapers, or newspapers without a government, I should not hesitate a moment to prefer the latter.[Europe], under pretence of governing they have divided their nations into two classes, wolves and sheep. If once [the people] become inattentive to the public affairs, you and I, and Congress, and Assemblies, judges and governors shall all become wolves. " - Thomas Jefferson

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast