Thread: Epic battles or 1vs1? | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Judging from the screenshots and trailers i've seen thus far, most of the battles we've seen are basically battling only a single creature.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to have epic battles where i could fight more than one creature in a battle?

It would really be great if there are certain combat moves/spells that are designed so that it would be effective to use when fighting against a group of creatures.

Wouldn't it be boring if all battles are just 1v1? What do you think?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Judging from the screenshots and trailers i've seen thus far, most of the battles we've seen are basically battling only a single creature.

I'm wondering if it would be possible to have epic battles where i could fight more than one creature in a battle?

It would really be great if there are certain combat moves/spells that are designed so that it would be effective to use when fighting against a group of creatures.

Wouldn't it be boring if all battles are just 1v1? What do you think?

i would definately go 4 epic battles over vast landscapes (50+ mobs)
    but 4 dungeons u would hav to scale it down a little,(i mean,u can't exactly hide all those dragons down that tiny rabbit hole outside town,could u?)

Epic battles would definitely be much better if only due to the realism involved. It would also be nice if you could have a multiplayer portion of the game that was basically epic battles with certain objectives - sort of like counterstrike, but on a far grander scale. some sort of Light vs. Dark thing perhaps?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">4 dungeons u would hav to scale it down a little,(i mean,u can't exactly hide all those dragons down that tiny rabbit hole outside town,could u?) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

i like more Big Action like 5 monster or player on you adrealine up :P is more fun :P one vs one is just normal

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dragonsthirdeye:
    Epic battles would definitely be much better if only due to the realism involved. It would also be nice if you could have a multiplayer portion of the game that was basically epic battles with certain objectives - sort of like counterstrike, but on a far grander scale. some sort of Light vs. Dark thing perhaps? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Quote - Ubisoft Fact Sheet
    "A revolutionary, addictive multiplayer mode: Enlist with the humans or the undead, and choose among four character classes. Prepare to battle with up to 32 players in several online modes, ranging from simple deathmatch to the revolutionary Evolution mode, which will allow you to gain experience and new equipment across dynamic online campaigns."

Quote - IGN Preview
    "In addition to a full single-player campaign, Arkane promises a multiplayer side to the game. While they weren't going into much detail at the moment, they did say they were inspired by games such as Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Battlefield, so expect a teamplay mode where different classes will come into play. We also asked about the potential for an online co-op mode, but we were told there were no plans for co-op at this time."

Humans vs. Undead seems to be like Light vs. Dark and Battlefield-style battles are usually pretty large scale. Maybe not "Epic" with thousands of units on screen, but still much better than regular 4v4 deathmatch. But I doubt the single player portion of the game will feature alot of Epic battles. It would be very fun if you had allies around you, but I hate it when you just batter your way through hordes of enemies that jump on you all at the same time. That's a typical hack n' slash and I don't really like hack n' slash games . They are either too easy or way too hard and are only an exercice in button mashing, which is not fun. Even if they were to make Epic, large scale battles, if you have allies, you'll likely only challenge one or two enemies at the same time, so it's more an exercice of attack, block and parry system. I like it better that way, you use your head more and it's alot more pumping on adrenaline than button mashing. If you're a mage, of course, it would be fun to have mass-effect spells with a large radius.

Epic battles set this game apart and on top everything else back in the days. Epic battles (20+ mobs) is more realistic and fun.

Lets get some targets for those fireballs...