Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Razing towns - Yes or No | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

I don't know about you, but I was constantly annoyed by enemy hero or heroes (led by computer) that occupied over and over again some worthless town far from my armies thus preventing me to attend some more serious matter (like chasing down more serious opponent). These guys are never tired of taking some unprotected town even if they are so weak that any larger army can destroy it. Chasing down and killing very small armies and solo heroes can be tiresome task, that can be much easier if I could raze towns which I cannot or will not protect. I understand that this is not in the core of this game and the part of satisfaction is chasing down and obliterating last remnants of once formidable opponent but after 5 or 6 hours playing a map it is just annoying. I also think that this would bring more tactics to the play (instead of buying all creatures and leaving your towns unprotected you must think about how much that town is important to you and do you want to defend it or destroy it). Razing the town should take few turns (3-5) to make it more realistic and tactical (maybe there should be even steps from barely damaged to completly destroyed).
    I understand that this will never be part of HOMM series but I would like to hear your oppinion.
    Lo, there do I see my Father.
    Lo, there do I see my Mother,
    And my Sisters and my Brothers.
    Lo, there do I see the line of my people,
    Back to the beginning.
    Lo, they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them,
    In the halls of Valhalla
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I don't know about you, but I was constantly annoyed by enemy hero or heroes (led by computer) that occupied over and over again some worthless town far from my armies thus preventing me to attend some more serious matter (like chasing down more serious opponent). These guys are never tired of taking some unprotected town even if they are so weak that any larger army can destroy it. Chasing down and killing very small armies and solo heroes can be tiresome task, that can be much easier if I could raze towns which I cannot or will not protect. I understand that this is not in the core of this game and the part of satisfaction is chasing down and obliterating last remnants of once formidable opponent but after 5 or 6 hours playing a map it is just annoying. I also think that this would bring more tactics to the play (instead of buying all creatures and leaving your towns unprotected you must think about how much that town is important to you and do you want to defend it or destroy it). Razing the town should take few turns (3-5) to make it more realistic and tactical (maybe there should be even steps from barely damaged to completly destroyed).
    I understand that this will never be part of HOMM series but I would like to hear your oppinion.
    Lo, there do I see my Father.
    Lo, there do I see my Mother,
    And my Sisters and my Brothers.
    Lo, there do I see the line of my people,
    Back to the beginning.
    Lo, they do call to me,
    They bid me take my place among them,
    In the halls of Valhalla

i played an opline game where my enemy didn't protect one of his "little" towns and i grew from that little town somewat under the radar and also took the win! it was one of my favourite games of heroes ever. HAving said that i agree that it is frustrating to take down all the small enemies. HAving said that why dont u just build a small amount of troops in there to proctect the town.

You could be shure, there woun't be town razing.
    Sign the PETITION, help to protect Baltic sea
    [color:GREEN]ಌ ღ ಌ ღ ಌ ღ ಌ[/color] [color:RED]ಌ ღ ಌ ღ ಌ ღ ಌ[/color] [color:GREEN]ಌ ღ ಌ ღ ಌ ღ ಌ[/color] [color:RED]ಌ ღ

Imasgine this scenario. You are the powerful Knights and rule and empire. You are preparing to delivre a final blow to the demons when suddenly a small but quick barberian force penetrates you border. They plunder and burn everything in their path, taking plenty of booty. All of a sudden you are paralyzed and have to either corner the barbarains or protect all you towns...
    Now imagine you were the Barbarians. Through you tactics you might get an advantage on you superior enemies.
    Now imagine you are the necromancers and come to razed city. This place is a gold mine of corpse!
    Personally I think this would make the game that much more relistic and interesting.
    The new Wizards suck!

I think that you could empty out towns so production would be impossible.To balance this the town might slowly lose buildings and it could hurt you later on.But no permanent razing.

Yes, I agree it could be very annoying to chase a hero with logistics and 10 imps but destroying towns wouldn't be much better, either. In that case we would protect as much towns as possible from the very beginning, grow a large army and then only explore the map with it, destroying everything we encounter. No, it would become just a matter of faster stacking. Try "In The Wake Of Gods" if you haven't yet and see for yourself (it was one of the very few weak points of the mod though).
    --------------------------------------
    Countless Stars Burn In The Heavens But The Shadow Of Oblivion Comes Ever Closer
    Countless Stars Burn In The Heavens But The Shadow Of Oblivion Comes Ever Closer

I'm a guy who deosn't like to mix my units. I think we could use razing as a way of ensuring your fractions domination. e.g. destroy the dungeons and build towers. But then again i haven't played WoG so my ideas might be unrealistic.
    As far as destroying a castle with 30 imps maybe that could be offset with lack of efficiency. For example, the larger the invading army the quicker the razing happens and the greater the plunder. In other words trying to destroy a city with a small army would take too long and wouldn't bring any income. What do you guys think?

No, maybe I didn't make myself clear enough. When I said a hero with 10 imps I meant it was boring to chase him with your great army so that he wouldn't take your town the minute you decide you have more important business to look to. But perhaps that's just part of the strategy, because you can have an experienced hero with much movement who just wanders around teasing and making you nervous, since your turn doesn't last enough to get to him.

In WoG it took about 2-3 weeks to demolish a completely developed town as far as I remember. So any longer than this could mean you'd have to stay stuck to the town for way too long, since only an army strong enough could devastate the buildings(with 30 imps you wouldn't be able to do a thing). Then again, I don't think it's a good idea at all.
    ----------------------------------------

I think that 10 imps couldnt possibly raise a town,even if all the fighters had gone.Everytown should have an amount of peasants.So if a Haven town is invaded you'll be certain to have at least 100 peasants automatically.Honestly,in the games a capitol could be captured by an imp.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast