View Poll Results: Anybody else in Australia experiencing the same problems?

Voters
0. You may not vote on this poll
  • Help voice recognition training

0 0%
  • please help

0 0%

Thread: Voice Recognition Problems | Forums

Bought Endwar, have a Motorola H500 Bluetooth Headset. I have downloaded the latest patch for the game. H500 connected without a hitch. Started the game and completed the voice recognition calibration - definitely not seamless! Some commands would not work no matter how I spoke. I'm using the English version. (I live in Australia, don't know whether my accent makes it hard for the software to learn my voice). Numbers seem the greatest problem, especially one (1). The headset is definitely working. I have tried using it located on my ear, and speaking directly into it. No luck. During the game it is hit and miss at best. Even tried putting on a fake American accent, and getting my wife to try calibrating the voice recognition - still no luck!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Bought Endwar, have a Motorola H500 Bluetooth Headset. I have downloaded the latest patch for the game. H500 connected without a hitch. Started the game and completed the voice recognition calibration - definitely not seamless! Some commands would not work no matter how I spoke. I'm using the English version. (I live in Australia, don't know whether my accent makes it hard for the software to learn my voice). Numbers seem the greatest problem, especially one (1). The headset is definitely working. I have tried using it located on my ear, and speaking directly into it. No luck. During the game it is hit and miss at best. Even tried putting on a fake American accent, and getting my wife to try calibrating the voice recognition - still no luck!

I used that very headset for awhile and never had much problems, so I don't think that's the problem, it did get some numbers wrong but picked up most, although I wouldn't have your accent.

Now I use the official ps3 headset I got bundled with another game, it works without a flaw when used as a desktop microphone in "high quality mode".
    Broke my signature and reset my ignore list, well done Ubisoft...

Thanks for that. Just a question.

Are you using the Sony PS3 headset/mic on your PC? ?desktop microphone in "high quality mode"? This isn't a setting on the PS3 is it?

No, it's the "official ps3 bluetooth headset" It comes bundled with certain games, desktop mode is when it's plugged into it's cradle, the microphone seems to pick up better that way then when wearing it and I also never have to worry about the battery getting low. High quality mode is supposedly a higher level of bluetooth profile for better data transfer, combined with noise canceling of some form.

Here's the link: http://blog.us.playstation.com...r-the-playstation-3/

This thing is pricey alone, 45 us dollars
    http://www.amazon.com/PlayStat...eadset/dp/B001BR95PW
    but apparently it's bundled with soccom confrontation for only 60 us dollars, I'm not sure how much it would cost you over there.
    Broke my signature and reset my ignore list, well done Ubisoft...