Thread: Unable to Play Demo | Forums

Hey guys,
    I've downloaded the Settlers 7 demo.
    Installed fine, started patching.
    When I try and play it says:

"There is a patch for your game that is required to run it. We will open a web page with the latest patch for you".

It sends me to a website saying:
    "Dear Player,
    This demo has officially ended.
    We would like to thank you very much for your interest and hope you enjoyed playing The Settlers 7.
    If you would like to continue playing, please purchase the full version in the UbiShop or at a retailer near you.
    See you online !
    The Settlers 7 Team"

The thing is I haven't even played the demo once. Anyone else having this problem? Why the hell they allow me to download the demo (All 2.5 Gb of it btw) but then say its over is beyond me.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hey guys,

"There is a patch for your game that is required to run it. We will open a web page with the latest patch for you".

"Dear Player,
    We would like to thank you very much for your interest and hope you enjoyed playing The Settlers 7.
    If you would like to continue playing, please purchase the full version in the UbiShop or at a retailer near you.
    See you online !
    The Settlers 7 Team"

The thing is I haven't even played the demo once. Anyone else having this problem? Why the hell they allow me to download the demo (All 2.5 Gb of it btw) but then say its over is beyond me.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lorderan:
    Why the hell they allow me to download the demo (All 2.5 Gb of it btw) but then say its over is beyond me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

...because they want you to buy it!

Gold edition is superb! It's totally patched & fixed with all DLC packs and there are no server problems!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Lorderan:
    Hey guys,

"Dear Player,
    See you online !
    The Settlers 7 Team"

The thing is I haven't even played the demo once. Anyone else having this problem? Why the hell they allow me to download the demo (All 2.5 Gb of it btw) but then say its over is beyond me. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

lol thats alot 2.5gb
    the full game is only $25 it worth every cent
    i recommen u get full game.. best money u ever spent.

I have exactly the same issue with the Demo. Did you ever find an answer to it.

With all the conflicting reports a game and DRM issues i wanna play the demo first.

Settlers Moderator BB_Langustor's Avatar
    As stated above, the demo has been shut down and is no longer available.
    Macht mit beim GRO-G!