Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: X300 Problem | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

I am running the X300 with 2GB of RAM and 3.2GHz P4. I am only getting around 20 fps at 800 x 600 with shadow on low and AF=2x and AA=2x. Anyone else haveing this problem? Is their a fix or something or do I just need to upgrade?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Its not a game issure bro. The X300 card is weak, to put it frankly. If u have a system with such a powerful processor and ram, u shouldnt shackle it w/ a video card that weak. Set the resolution to 640x480 and turn off both AA and antisotropic filtering. And look into getting a new vid card :P.

Seriously man, no offense, but you bought a really nice processor, way more ram that you really need, then hooked a bottom of the line graphics card to it. If you want to save money and still get performance go with the middle or top of the line of the last generation of cards, not the bottom of the newest line.

When I bought the PC I did not care about major graphics because I did not play games on the PC (except the kid games for my kids). At the time (9 months ago) the graphic card seemed pretty decent. Since this is my first real PC game I guess I expected a little bit better since I meet the recommended specs. What do you think about the X700 pro series? What do you guys have and how well does it play this game?
    Thanks

you should get a 6600gt best card for price and performance for scct medium settings

Aye. The 6600GT typically out performs the x700, and is comperable in price, I believe.

I been doing some checking on the 6600GT and there is two different sizes of memory (128 an 256) but the 128 says GT at the end and they are about the same in price. Should I go with the one with more memory? They both are MSI products.

I belive 256MB versions are only 64-bit mem, while 128MB versions are 128bit. What this means, is bandwidth. That GPU is hungry, and unless you have fast memory, it doesn't matter how much of it you have, you won't be able to keep the GPU fed.

Personally, I would opt for the 128MB version (assuming I am correct with the memory bus size). Texture resolutions and such will have to be lower in some cases, but that doesn't mean anything if you can't feed the GPU enough of them to achieve playable frame rates.

I saw that and at Tom's Hardware website the GT out preforms the other. Now the MSI is cheaper then the ASUS. I talked to a buddy of mine and he said that the ASUS is a far better product and will clock better. What do you guys think?

If you're not that concerned with PC games, and only Chaos Theory, all of that is arbitrary. You won't have any need for OCing your card, so just go with whatever seems to give the best bang for your buck out of the box.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast