Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Is this lean bug common, and is there a fix for it? | Forums

Map Editor | Far Cry 4 [UK]

Far Cry 4 | Kyrat Tuk Tuk Stories [EUROPE]

Far Cry® 4 Arena Master [UK]

CGI Launch Trailer | Far Cry 4 [PSN] [UK]

Banned
    Ever since I can remember playing this game, there is a very annoying glitch when leaning.

You can lean right while crouching, and strafe left and right while in that postion, but when you lean left while crouching, you can only strafe right.

What pisses me most about this, is when you're crouched and leaning left around a corner, and need to nudge left a bit to peek further around it, you have to straighten up, move left, then go back to lean, and hope you're not too exposed.

Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this, and is there a fix for it?

Sometimes I run across a doorway risking possible detection and gunfire to set up in a right lean position on the other side of it.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned
    Ever since I can remember playing this game, there is a very annoying glitch when leaning.

You can lean right while crouching, and strafe left and right while in that postion, but when you lean left while crouching, you can only strafe right.

What pisses me most about this, is when you're crouched and leaning left around a corner, and need to nudge left a bit to peek further around it, you have to straighten up, move left, then go back to lean, and hope you're not too exposed.

Please tell me I'm not the only one experiencing this, and is there a fix for it?

Sometimes I run across a doorway risking possible detection and gunfire to set up in a right lean position on the other side of it.

Maybe its because Jack Carver is right handed.

I know that with some PS/2 keyboards you can't lean right and strafe right at the same time, and the same with left. With a usb keyboard you can, though. Maybe it's how your keyboard is reacting to you pressing too many keys at the same time.

I have noticed that when you lean right, you do lean more than when you lean left. Then again, I don't lean very often.

Banned
    I go through keyboards quicker than anyone probably, including DocSeal (loved his video).

I have had this problem with every keyboard I've used, PS2 or USB. The one I'm currently using is a Logitech Navigator USB.

I've always felt this is a bug that was never patched. Jack being right handed should not mean he is limited to strafing one way while crouched and leaning left. Think about it, when both hands are on a weapon, and you're in that position, you're only using your legs to move, it shouldn't matter if he's left or right handed.

He tosses all the grenades left handed, to a degree he has ambidexterity.

I tried doing it today, and it worked for me. I have really no clue as to why it's not working for you. :| Patched lately?

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I tried doing it today, and it worked for me. I have really no clue as to why it's not working for you. :| Patched lately? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Yes, I'm updated in sp anyway, have yet to go to the new 1.33, as I don't play mp, and there's nothing mentioned about sp in it.

I've had this problem reguardless of patch version or keyborad used since buying the game though, and I got it well over a year ago.

Are you sure you're both crouched AND leaning when trying it?

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Maybe its because Jack Carver is right handed. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you saying you have this problem too?

Sorry for my half hearted attempt at humor.

I just tried strafing while leaning crouched and was able to smoothly strafe both directions while leaning either way. It must be your keyboard.

I have a USB keyboard connected to the PS2 port via an adapter.

Banned
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It must be your keyboard. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>As I said earlier, I've had this problem with every keyboard I've played the game with, and I'm talking several of them, both USB and PS2.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast