Thread: update patch for xbox | Forums

is it just me or does the update really blow?
    i was looking forward to alot of issues being resolved but i guess had my expectations too high.

1. What is up with the interface when a player enters or leaves a lobby. It is fine when a player is playing by themselves, BUT when you are playing with a guest the black box comes up and blocks your cross hairs. WTF? guess UBI didnt test that before they sent the patch out just like they did with the game.

2. I thought the spawn camping issue was addressed. This is an ongoing problem and i like many other players are wanting some type of fix to this. It really sucks when all 3 spawns are covered and you cant even change your gun with out being killed. At least write something to where they cant go up in rank.

3. Ranking system. Dont understand it and i dont think anyone really does. Im 4 stars one night and the next morning im 2 stars.

4. The voice output. I switch it to headset and it comes out the TV speakers. Switch it to TV speakers and it goes through the headset. Then when i switch it to go through the TV, it will automatically switch back through the headset after 5 min.

5. The map and score screens. When you are playing with a guest and you want to see where you are or your squad and you access the map or score screens, it takes up the entire screen. Why not do it like halo 2 where it only displays it on the players half that is trying to see the screen.

Anyone else feel free to add to this if you like.

In conclusion, I guess Ubi is nothing more than amateur programmers and maybe they should go and take a lesson from bungie and learn a thing or two about gaming interfaces. Unless Ubi really changes their attitude towards their customers i will never buy another ubi product again.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

is it just me or does the update really blow?
    i was looking forward to alot of issues being resolved but i guess had my expectations too high.

1. What is up with the interface when a player enters or leaves a lobby. It is fine when a player is playing by themselves, BUT when you are playing with a guest the black box comes up and blocks your cross hairs. WTF? guess UBI didnt test that before they sent the patch out just like they did with the game.

2. I thought the spawn camping issue was addressed. This is an ongoing problem and i like many other players are wanting some type of fix to this. It really sucks when all 3 spawns are covered and you cant even change your gun with out being killed. At least write something to where they cant go up in rank.

3. Ranking system. Dont understand it and i dont think anyone really does. Im 4 stars one night and the next morning im 2 stars.

4. The voice output. I switch it to headset and it comes out the TV speakers. Switch it to TV speakers and it goes through the headset. Then when i switch it to go through the TV, it will automatically switch back through the headset after 5 min.

5. The map and score screens. When you are playing with a guest and you want to see where you are or your squad and you access the map or score screens, it takes up the entire screen. Why not do it like halo 2 where it only displays it on the players half that is trying to see the screen.

Anyone else feel free to add to this if you like.

In conclusion, I guess Ubi is nothing more than amateur programmers and maybe they should go and take a lesson from bungie and learn a thing or two about gaming interfaces. Unless Ubi really changes their attitude towards their customers i will never buy another ubi product again.

As i can see from that load of Bull Sh*t u just posted u clearley aint got much of a clue about ubisoft, they have made alot of very good games in the past 3 or 4 years, and as soon as they make a little mistake, u come on this forum saying u will never buy anoter ubisoft product again unless they change the way they treat thier customers, well i guess i can speak for alot of people who have read your snide post, and lets hope they never change cos without out low life's like u on ubisoft games we will be abled to enjoy our games ALOT LOT more!!!!!!!

thats just it you d*****s, can you honestly tell me it took 3 months to comes up with that lame*** patch. Trust me, i know ubi has come out with great games before. This game was a a complete 2 steps backward for ubi. They released GR2 so they could cash in on the holiday season. they released an unfinished product and now they need to fix their mistakes. Im not the only one that agrees. I think they are concentrating more on DLC than actually fixing their product. The DLC had better be unbelievable because they obviously didnt try with the patch.

Im with dede, I dont think that the patch was tested thoroughly enough prior to it release. If the DLC released today doesnt compensate for the games obvious short comings... it will be sitting on a Gamestop shelf by the end of the week. By the way Arran, do you honestly expect people to take someone serious who uses "aint got" in a sentence?

After reading my post i have to apologise to you dede, i had'nt read your post properly and didnt read mine after i had wrote.
    Now that i have read your post i agree with u and NuiKhai the update was very poor and the Downloadable Content was a pathetic effort to try and win the playersround
    SORRY GUYS

I just joined the forum specifically so I could throw in my 2 cents on this issue.

First, I love Ghost Recon and Ghost Recon 2. The only games I play. Ubi guys, thanks for writing REALLY fun games.

That said, somebody there sucks at user interface design. I say "somebody" and not "all of them" because for the most part I really like the UI while I'm playing. Well, except for the two steps it takes to switch to full auto. Thus I can't switch while I'm running, and sometimes I accidentally lie down.

However, my main gripe is with some of the meta-UI. In the original Ghost Recon I couldn't believe that when you did Optimatch it COVERED half of the screen with a dialog box that said "Searching" with a "Cancel" button. How the heck am I supposed to know if I want to abort the search if I can't even see what games have been found already? I thought this was just a one-time mistake, but apparently not...

WTF is up with those entered/exited boxes?!?!?! Is it really necessary to cover 1/3 of the screen with those? Wouldn't just a little notification somewhere suffice? The only advantage they offer is that when I'm waiting for a chance to dash across an open space, I try to wait for an entry/exit notification so that my opponent will be temporarily blinded. (I had hoped for smoke grenades, instead I got Godzilla sized dialog boxes.)

And while I love the fact that I can tell who is talking, I that it's so hard to tell if I killed somebody or if a teammate is talking. Do they really think I'm going to stop and read the thing, or see if there's a microphone on it? The game happens WAY too fast for that. If I'm shooting at somebody and I see a white rectangle pop up, I assume it means I've killed them and I can change targets, drop back down, whatever. Now I'm totally confused. (In fairness, it's sort of unrealistic that we should get verification of kills anyway, but if we're going to have it it should at least be USABLE!)

Next gripe: searching for games takes FOREVER and the information is out of date by the time you get it anyway. Other games seem to have implemented this just fine; why can't Ubi? So I try to join a game, find out it's full, and have to run the whole search over again! ARRRRGGGGGGHHHHH. Why can't I just go back to the list and try to get into that game that only had 1/12 slots filled?

And, finally, the patch didn't seem to fix ANY of the stability issues. I still get lots of red x's. I still get dropped from tons of games. I gotta say, though, that given the choice between greater stability or getting rid of the entry/exit dialogs, I'd lose the dialogs.

Did they even bother to playtest that change? Sheesh.

No, really, Ubi...I love you guys. This is just tough love.

--Gyrovague

P.S. Thanks for the silenced MP-5. That was the only thing I wanted more than smoke grenades. It's a little too accurate at a distance though; too powerful of a weapon.

gyro.. welcome to the forum. i can sort of tell you are a little new to GR2. You can definitely switch your ROF while running..it just takes a little getting used to.. i acutally have learned to hold the controller differently so that i have an extra finger handy to change stances and change ROF.
    and oh yea..the MP5-SD is not really that accurate, as is the case with any silenced weapon - you lose accuracy with a silencer. still a very cool weapon..