Thread: Ubisoft... What happened? | Forums

You took a great IP for a promising multiple game series and turned it into a 2 hour (start to finish) interactive cartoon at best. What happened to the boar hunts with Locke, running from polar bears in the jungle, and the ability to navigate the dark territory based on intuition? Did we run out of steam to finish the game? Was this the truly finished product you envisioned? Or was this just a hype machine to make quick dollar from a large fan base to pull company profits up from a weak finish last year? Please do us a favor, next time don't bother if you are not going to follow through and deliver a finished product!
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

You took a great IP for a promising multiple game series and turned it into a 2 hour (start to finish) interactive cartoon at best. What happened to the boar hunts with Locke, running from polar bears in the jungle, and the ability to navigate the dark territory based on intuition? Did we run out of steam to finish the game? Was this the truly finished product you envisioned? Or was this just a hype machine to make quick dollar from a large fan base to pull company profits up from a weak finish last year? Please do us a favor, next time don't bother if you are not going to follow through and deliver a finished product!

I'm sure the game was based on a story with the reporter alone... Have you ever seen in the series the reporter... If the want to be trustworthy the must make sure the reporter was not at any place at the same time as the others.

That makes the game more realistic.

And yes I see as well that they make some mistakes.

The story was the only part of the game that I enjoy. However, Ubisoft makes games.... this did not feel like any game. Ubisoft feel short of following through with promises of what the original game play was to involve. And what was delivered was half attempt at time filler. Lets start with the invertory system first. It cleary was not developed for intentions of actual game play inmind. For example, at the start of the game Sawyer has the pistol, ammo clips, oil lamp, fuel for lamp, and ect. All set a prices you can not purchase. This lead me to spend lots of time looking around the stages for items that would never add up to ubtain me that gun or lamp and extra fuel. So, I would settle with a few torches from Michael later on. When I would finally have enough "island money" for the gun, you only shoot it twice. I ran around the maps collecting everything I could find and purchased a gun and all the extra ammo clips to only to be able to fire 2 bullets. And if I remember correctly, Jack gave me a gun at Black Rock because mine was taken away by the others... so I really didnt need to buy it in the first place. That is what I call BS space filler. Now lets talk about NPCs. In the show there was 29 surviors other than the main cast, how hard would it be to place a few random people on the beach. I dont need to have converstations with them, just put a few more people at ramdom locations on the beach! This would really showcase the time and effort that was put into the design of the shows main characters when you have to identify them from a group of people on sight allone. This leads to the jungle now. WTF? Wondering around a space enclosed by hidden boundries. When you reach that boundry, a pop menu asks if you want to restart or turn around. You might as well put up an invisible wall. Nice idea on the way point marker showing you where to go next, however the smoke monster and the random other shooting at you was a bit lame due to repeation. Also, the fuse puzzles where a nice touch, but lets mix it up a little. How hard is it change the type of puzzles? You could have done a gas pressure puzzle in the Hydra where you had to fix the hydrolics on the hatch door. You could have even thrown this type of puzzle in the Swan for the blast doors. Finally lets talk about length. The Lost show has the ablity to drag on a simple question for 4 seasons and we the fans keep comming back. You covered the first 2 seasons as fast as you could. I understand that Ellot is not a main cast member, but there could have been a few big moments where you could have been assisting things in the background. All in all, this game was a big let down and should not warrent any seqeuls unless Ubisoft gets there act together.

Nice posts.

I agree totally with alot of the things said. When i was playing just after getting stabbed with a needle and when i get back to the beach 'o clair got stabbed by one aswel' didn't get to see ethan, didnt get to go off in groups to find things of the island. Couldnt free roam, and come on, cant have the decency to use the actual voices from the lost series, and some of the characters DESMOND ESPECIALLY look nothing or hardly anything like them.

Now tbh i would have payed £40 for each season of lost if they had done one for each season. Im that much of a lost fan. The time taken to complete the game is really really ridiculous. The graphics i gotta say where very nice and the way you shoot, the puzzles added a good effect to the game and i liked playing with the computer in the hatch. but i only get to do that once.

Also another time being left out that was quite a main part in the series is blowing up the hatch. I just see a flame out of the jungle. And adding to that, the building of the raft? And mixin with the characters was anoyin. And yes like 3 people on the beach each time. And you dont see much of sawyer claire a little of hurley once sun once jin once desmond and becoz i cant remember seein any other characters apart from the main ones jack etc i cant name them. Also i would have preffered if you switched between characters that were just in the series. They all explore and do interesting things of there own. Just not being able to do that is so so SO FRUSTATING!

Now i like UbiSoft but after this display, Really will i say it, YES I WILL, PISSED OFF with this game with really quite high hopes from UbiSoft,

Sorry for the long post! Lost is my favorite tv series or show or program atm and proberly forever, thanks for messing it up. Learn from this and dnot rush into making a £30 game. I would have payed £40 for the 1st game, 2nd game, 3rd game, 4th game, 5th game, and yes the 6th game,

Now besides my anger, i dno what it is something (maybe coz i like lost so much) makes me like the game. Its weird theres alot that could be better but maybe becoz im so attached to lost, i just like this game. Maybe a remake of the game could be done. Would be better.

Many thanks.

I agree with you guys for the most part... only one thing I don't untherstand... why did you pay so much?

I payed only 29 euro's.
    It's a legal copy.

Im guessing you bought the PC version!

Hi, i agree with all you are saying, nothing was though out, such as with the gun and the "island money" we rarely used what we were able to get, and when towards the end we have it taken away and never returned, although one of my fav games so far it really wasnt long enough, for such an amazing TV series the game is a real let down.

However i dont believe this is the end, when doing the Dharma test on the computers, it said test 1/2/3/4 of 42 fingers crossed there will be either downloads or another coming out soon, however Ubisoft will have to prove themselves before i buy another one of their games... prices should be lowered since we aint even getting half a game.

Baby Kane (PSN Name: Baby-Kane)

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sparrrrow:

Also another time being left out that was quite a main part in the series is blowing up the hatch. I just see a flame out of the jungle. And adding to that, the building of the raft? And mixin with the characters was anoyin. And yes like 3 people on the beach each time. And you dont see much of sawyer claire a little of hurley once sun once jin once desmond and becoz i cant remember seein any other characters apart from the main ones jack etc i cant name them. Also i would have preffered if you switched between characters that were just in the series. They all explore and do interesting things of there own. Just not being able to do that is so so SO FRUSTATING!
    Sorry for the long post! Lost is my favorite tv series or show or program atm and proberly forever, thanks for messing it up. Learn from this and dnot rush into making a £30 game. I would have payed £40 for the 1st game, 2nd game, 3rd game, 4th game, 5th game, and yes the 6th game,

Many thanks. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    I liked the fact they didnt repeat what happened in the series such as the hatch exploding and the raft being built, being a character 'in the background' i thought was a good touch. However im not sure what to think about the story changing toward the end of the game with Elliot taking Jack to Blackrock.

Also i expected to find Danielle at Blackrock getting dinamite aswell lol.

Baby Kane (PSN Name: Baby-Kane)