Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Beyond Good & Evil HD (PSN) Review - Alternative Magazine Online | Forums

"Beyond Good & Evil HD deserves to be played by gamers everywhere. The Studio Ghibli-esque art style is beautiful, offering a unique blend of fantasy and science fiction in a world where anthropomorphic animals coexist with humans. The story, characters and overall experience remain gripping throughout. The gameplay itself can feel dated at times and that does sadly betray Beyond Good & Evil’s age, but don’t let that put you off too much. This is a classic that deserves to be rediscovered despite its shortcomings, with an ending that is both emotionally charged and poignant. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for Beyond Good & Evil 2!"

GAME REVIEW - Beyond Good & Evil HD (PSN)
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

"Beyond Good & Evil HD deserves to be played by gamers everywhere. The Studio Ghibli-esque art style is beautiful, offering a unique blend of fantasy and science fiction in a world where anthropomorphic animals coexist with humans. The story, characters and overall experience remain gripping throughout. The gameplay itself can feel dated at times and that does sadly betray Beyond Good & Evil’s age, but don’t let that put you off too much. This is a classic that deserves to be rediscovered despite its shortcomings, with an ending that is both emotionally charged and poignant. Let’s keep our fingers crossed for Beyond Good & Evil 2!"

GAME REVIEW - Beyond Good & Evil HD (PSN)

Nice clean review! But, BG&E had(and still has) I believe some of the best stealth gameplay and can give some of the big hitters of now a run for their money. Are you a stealth game sort of player?
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

honestly, as much as i love BG&E... i'm not gonna say it has some of the best stealth. there's a number of far better stealth games, namely games like the tenchu series, the assassin's creed series, or even the thief series because it uses light and shadow as well. BG&E was sorta simplified when it came to stealth... something i think they could definitely elaborate on in BG&E2. i want more stealth games to incorporate details like light and shadow since that's definitely a good aspect. i haven't seen that too much outside of thief deadly shadows (definitely a great game to play)

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko

Dom, I agree with to a certain extent! I should have been more clearer, I was talking about it from quality perspective, BG&E did small and simple things, but it did them well!
    Currently waiting on:

Beyond Good & Evil 2(?), Portal 3(?), Deus Ex: Universe, Metal Gear Solid V: The Phantom Pain, Mirror's Edge, Watch_Dogs, Rainbow 6: Patriots, Cyberpunk 2077.

Agree with Dom.
    Splinter Cell does stealth a lot better (using light and shadows) than BG&E.

(have you played it?).

BG&E incorporated so many different gameplay styles which set it apart from other games at the time.

@Bitebug: I loved the stealth in BG&E because it felt similar to MGS, even though there wasn't much variety to it. I played splinter cell but not enough of it. In fairness SC is a entire game consisting of stealth, whilst BG&E isn't, which makes a comparison unfair. I gonna purchase the HD trilogy when I get a new PS3!

@Dom: The concept of light and shadow for stealth is amazing! I've heard highly of the Thief series and if am correct Thief 4 is coming to PS3
    Currently waiting on:

nah, there's been no news of Thief 4 being released on any particular console as of yet. in fact, there hasn't been much news at all about it. rumors said it was gonna be a modern day thing, but i'd rather they didn't. who knows, we'll see. i miss garrett.

- Haruhara Haruko

Dom, you might like this? I am guessing you love stealth games, like myself?

Source: http://www.computerandvideogam...ief-4-ps3-confirmed/
    Currently waiting on:

depends on the stealth game. i'm not really all that big on modern stealth games like mgs or splinter cell. i like the idea of ninjas and thieves and stuff. you know, period piece type things. that's why i like tenchu and thief. anyway, yeah, that's old news. from last year actually. there's been no confirmation of any particular console. although there has been various job postings over the past year for recruiting to the development team. they said it's gonna be a pretty ambitious game so i wouldn't be surprised if there's no news for at least another year or so. although, on the bright side, it doesn't seem like eidos' merger with square enix has affected the release of thief 4... though it may be slowed down a bit, i don't know.

- Haruhara Haruko

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast