Thread: More about the game ? | Forums

Hello,

My first question would be : is the game map real scale ?

Further I'd like to know if the IL-2 is available or few Russian planes ? I guess not. Will there be a future for CoD as there was for IL-2 previous series e.g. new maps, new flyable aircrafts ?

Thanks a lot &
    Regards

PS I already pre-ordered since it looks to be the result of a very good job, thanks to all Dev's.

Jean-François
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Hello,

Further I'd like to know if the IL-2 is available or few Russian planes ? I guess not. Will there be a future for CoD as there was for IL-2 previous series e.g. new maps, new flyable aircrafts ?

Thanks a lot &
    Regards

PS I already pre-ordered since it looks to be the result of a very good job, thanks to all Dev's.

Jean-François

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jfsimon1981:
    Hello,

Thanks a lot &
    Regards

Jean-François </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
    From what we heard about a year ago there are at least two maps for the game (at that point in development anyways). One was the real map and it was 1:1 whereas the other map was a reduced scale and with a lower object count for online scenarios.

Only Battle of Britain era aircraft are present in Cliffs of Dover that we've seen so far. So pretty much anything you can think of for summer/fall 1940 for the Royal Air Force, Luftwaffe or Regia Aeronautica.

We've heard rumors about a Battle for Moscow addition. We know about a Korean package that may or may not merge into the game but will be built using the same game engine. Also there has been talk about a North Africa addition. Oleg has said repeatedly that the new game engine is designed for longevity and more features and content will be added in.

Provided the money works out well I imagine.

Find my missions at Flying Legends and Mission4Today.com.

To add to Ice's response there will also be some small maps for the mission builder and online. From what I understand the Defence of Moscow title mentioned first at Igromir is probably a third party add on but will come relatively quickly so Russian and some great German planes. It seems the much look forwarded to Project Galba is on the back burner for the time being as the workload required to bring OM generated titles means there's no time to bring the Korea sim to completion for the time being.

I've always liked the idea of the Korea thing, it brings immediately both the pinnacle of piston engined fighter technology and the two great antagonists of the early jet age.

Dum spiro, spero.

Hi. Thanks.

I will get a TrackIR 6 DoF for IL-2 CoD, I do hope it will be supported.

Someone has developped a mod for IL-2 which supports for dynamic airfield capture, first it is needed to destroy a certain percentage of ground targets to close the field, then to drop paratroopers on a closed field in order to capture it, a captured field changes side and re-opens when the ground objects would respawn.

This mod makes the game very fun since it looks like a capture the flag, absolutely interesting.
    Sometimes you need to protect one of your closed fields from the jumbo planes who tries to drop their paras on it, sometimes you struggle to safely send out paras on an ennemy airfield.

Regards

When it first comes out COD is only going to be focused on the Battle of Britain. There will be a SU-26 aerobatic plane though for you to mess around with but that is a modern non-combat plane that is just there for fun.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...1032709/m/9141049909
    -----------------

"i got banned from the falt earth society for saying nonsenses"
    --raaaid

Thanks for the info.
    It sounds crazy, the idea is very good, finally they clearly understood that this is far more than a game given the quality of the flight model.

However I never managed to do so many aerobatics, there are on the web amazing videos of teams very good at that doing demos & shows.

I really do hope there will be kind of dynamic server, loading a new map each time the conditions have changed is not so nice compared to conditions dynamically changing.

If not in base probably it will appear through time.

I'm agog it's out !

Regards