BTOG46's Avatar Global Moderator
    Ubi dropped starforce a while back, I think it's usually SecuRom they use now.

STPD makes no differance to this. btog you not think they used the same security on this as roae as alot of disc drives had problems with it.

BTOG46's Avatar Global Moderator
    I should imagine they did, they were going to use Tages, but dropped it after the problems in the beta, so they went for SecuRom for RoaE instead, and only put the Tages online activation back in with the first patch, after the game hit the torrents, presumably so that if it detected a virtual drive, the activation would let genuine owners prove they had the DVD and not an ISO

nyrkl's Avatar Junior Member
    Maybe it's a stupid awnser but I still weill tell this... You'r sure it's in your dvd drive? not your CD-Rom?

lol ... no its in my DVD Rom I'm not so stupid .

I resolved the problem... I pluged my old dvd drive on my new computer and the game worked. So it's a DVD Drive problem.

I used to meet this problem once. After I inserted a DVD to the ROM the F keeped circling. Later I learned that it is the format and codec issue of the disk. What you need to do is to convert the DVD disk to MPEG2 and burn it to a blank disk. You can use HanBrake http://www.videoconverterfactory.com...rake-safe.html to finish this. Or another much simpler way, if you just want to watch the dvd video, convert it to MP4 and play it on the Windows Media Player or VLC on your PC.