Thread: How to uninstall this game? | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Ok, I haven't played this game in over a year. I've tried uninstalling it through the control panel->add/remove programs but every attempt just redirects me to installing it.

I uninstalled steam thinking that might have been preventing it but it still just tries to reinstall the game. There also is no uninstall link in the game's folder. A google search for "uninstall dark messiah" brings up nothing useful.

So, what is the trick?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Ok, I haven't played this game in over a year. I've tried uninstalling it through the control panel->add/remove programs but every attempt just redirects me to installing it.

I uninstalled steam thinking that might have been preventing it but it still just tries to reinstall the game. There also is no uninstall link in the game's folder. A google search for "uninstall dark messiah" brings up nothing useful.

So, what is the trick?

Banned
    You have 3 options:

1.You need to format your hard drive.

2.You see,this game has a very good A.I. so he knows whan you try to uninstal him(he's a clever ******* )and will try everything to stop you:that's why you have no uninstall link in the folder and when you try to remove it from the Control Panel it reinstalls the game.So try to uninstall it at night when he sleeps

3.If nr.2 doesn't work it means you allready uninstall it and you just dont know it yet.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ckgreed:
    So, what is the trick? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Steam version: right-click on the game in the My Games list &gt; Uninstall. After it's done, check in the Steam directory if there are remaining DM-related files (because Steam often just lets them exist there), if yes then manually remove them.

DVD version: Start &gt; All Programs &gt; Ubisoft &gt; Dark Messiah &gt; Modify Dark Messiah. In the next dialog, select to "Remove" the game (rather then Repair).
    xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support

BlindNero, there's no remove option on that screen. It just prompts me to make all the choices for the type of installation I'd like to do... nothing about repair or remove.

On which 'screen', please? -And from your first post: "it still just tries to reinstall the game", what is the "it" ???

So you played DM a year ago. Was it the DVD version or the Steam version? Do you still have a shortcut to the game on Desktop or in Start &gt; All Programs &gt; Ubisoft?

xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
    Blín D'ñero Forums for Dark Messiah of Might & Magic + other games support