hard to beat a good ole meat pie with plenty of tomato sauce...mmmm huey knows what im talkin about

Originally posted by baggygreen:
    hard to beat a good ole meat pie with plenty of tomato sauce...mmmm huey knows what im talkin about
    What a meat pie with ketchup?

hueywolf123's Avatar Senior Member
    Yeah, but a 'real' meat pie, one with decent pieces of steak, thick, rich gravy, not too flaky pastry. Yes, we call ketchup 'tomato sauce' mainly because it's made from tomatoes
    Btw Ali, glad you liked the recipe, I've got tonnes of seafood recipes in my head. Yep I wear the jacket anyway,

Sizzling Steaks,
    Find two lean, fillet steaks. Mix bowl of corn-starch (corn flour) and water and leave the steaks to soak for an hour or two, (this tenderises them).
    Place cling wrap over a cutting board, place one piece of steak on this then put another piece of cling wrap on top of the steak. With a rolling pin, slowly & gently flatten the steak out until it is no more than 1cm thick.
    Repeat this with the second pece.
    Cut 12 Kalamata olives in half, thinly slice strips of a strong tangy cheddar style cheese.
    Cut two spring onions and place into a hot pan with oil. In this pan, while the spring onions are frying, place both steaks in until cooked to your liking.
    Take the steaks out, place on a grill tray, lay the cheese strips across the steaks and sprinkle on the olive halves,
    Place under a hot grill for 2 min, or until the cheese just starts to melt,
    Serve with fresh tossed salad, and cracked pepper.

how bout some fried chicken or catfish

Would grilled spatchcock do?

Ingredients,
    2, Gutted, plucked & washed spatchcocks
    4, Satay Skewers
    1, knob fresh butter
    1, jar Djion mustard
    Salt & Pepper

Method,
    Lay both spatchcocks belly up, cut the open up through the chest all the way from the tail to the neck. With both hands, pull the chest flaps out until the bird is flat. Do this with both birds, and weight them down.
    When you've done this, then, take four tablespoons of butter @ room temperature, four tablespoons of djion mustard and mix them together. Leave this mix aside.
    Once again, take your birds, slide your hand in between the skin and the meat, separating them.
    Now take some of the mustard mix, and slide it up into the void you've created under the skin, smoothly and as even as you can. Holding the bird flat again, through each shoulder and the back, thread one skewer. Through the knees and the lower back, thread the other. Do this to both birds. Rub the outside of the skin with a pepper and salt mix and place in a hot oven until the skin is crispy. Remember that as this is a small bird, it won't take long so stay away from your control room for a while.
    Serve this with small jacket potatoes & sour cream, with fresh snow peas, and butternut pumpkin.
    Makes a great winter night roast, your crew will love you

Hueywolf, my crew are drooling P.S I hope you got Mrs Hueywolf to iron it first

OHHH no, I do my own ironing, but yes, she has caved in to pressure. She got in from work last night and found me in front of my PC, barking orders etc, wearing the jacket. I knew she was there from the shrieks of laughter, oh well, at least I can cook

Food comes in various Greece resistance boxes, if it comes to custom subscription boxes, they are much reliable to keep edibles, as well as use for shipping purpose.

Page 4 of 4 ◄◄  First ... 234