Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Runners, Gunners, Leapers, and Talkers OH MY! | Forums

Assassin's Creed® Freedom Cry Gameplay Walkthrough Trailer [UK]

Freedom Cry DLC Launch Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Official Accolade Trailer - Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Multiplayer Features Trailer | Assassin's Creed 4 Black Flag [UK]

Runners: Running can be a good way to catch up to a contract. It has its uses, especially when looking for first blood. That's not what we call runners. Runners are people that just run from one contract to the next, scoring low, and making everyone's game experience low quality. There are advantages to using run to get away or help you gain some ground on someone hunting their own prey. Runners score low because they never get a stealthy kill. When you are being hunted by a runner, they are practically running around with a big neon sign that says "Punch me in the face!" The run should be used sparingly and in certain sticky situations.

Gunners: There is nothing better then a good variety. Well planned gun kills can score you a good chunk of points. The Gunner is nothing more than someone who just uses the gun to make a quick hundred over and over. This can be annoying when you are just a few steps from a good stealth kill that could bag you a good score, and the same guy who shot you last time does it again. Cowards shoot people in the back, marksmen plan their shots carefully. The points reflect this! Gunners make low scores happen for everyone, including themselves.

Leapers: "That guy is back on the roof again!" Ariel kills are a great way to avoid a smoke bomb or mute. The leaper knows this, so this is all (s)he does. The leaper thinks its a party on the rooftops and everyone is invited. The leaper is hurting their scores more then they know. By standing on the rooftops, you give yourself away to your contracts and pursuers alike. As a result, they get less variety bonuses, and get lured into a stun by seasoned assassins who hide under the cover of tents and archways. When it comes to the rooftops, the policy is: get up do what you need to, and get down.

Talkers: There is nothing more annoying then someone who won't shut the [edit:swearing removed] up! Talkers do exactly that. When I'm about to kill/stun you, I don't want to hear you telling your mom that your going to take out the trash after this session. Your mic has a switch on it for a reason! The talker gives themselves away every time, making it easy to avoid them or know who they are. This makes low scores, and easy kills. Makin it easy to know who you are makes the game no fun!

RunningGunnerLeaperTalker These [edit:swearing removed] make the game impossible to enjoy! Usually these people are use to playing some [edit: swearing removed] FPS and have troubles making transitions. They can't score a stealth kill to save their lives, and are usually the first ones to send you a message saying you are cheating because you scored more then 500 points.

Hey I have a new Forum dedicated to Assassin's Greed Multiplayer, feel free to check it out. http://gwb420.com/abstergounion/index.php
    "During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

http://www.deceptivestudioz.com
    http://gwb420.com/abstergounion/
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Welcome to the forums..

I will remind you to take a second and read the forum rules, we do not allow swearing here, so something to remember for the future.

I will also point out we do have a multiplayer forum, where this really belongs... so I have moved it there..

Banned
    So you're saying you don't like Gir?

"I'm running! I'm RUNNING!!!! WOOHOO!!!"

(Yes, I spent a whole 10 minute match saying that while enacting pretty much what you just described. Knives + Gun + hilarity)

And, when someone calls me out and tells me I'm "not playing right" what else would I say?

"Can I be a Mongoose Dog?"

Originally posted by gwb420dotcom:
    The points reflect this! Gunners make low scores happen for everyone, including themselves.
    I've had several 450 point gun kills before now, and I've seen someone get a 900 point gun kill, so kinda blows this theory out the window...btw the WTFness of this is awesome!

When it comes to the rooftops, the policy is: get up and stay there.
    Fixed this.

Your mic has a switch on it for a reason! The talker gives themselves away every time, making it easy to avoid them or know who they are. This makes <STRIKE>low</STRIKE> high scores <STRIKE>and </STRIKE> easy <STRIKE>kills</STRIKE>. Makin it easy to know who you are makes the game <STRIKE>no </STRIKE> fun!
    You know there's a mute facility, right?

Also fixed this.

They can't score a stealth kill to save their lives, and are usually the first ones to send you a message saying you are cheating because you scored more then 500 points.
    Anyone scoring more than 500 points is a haxor, fact!

Originally posted by cptn_k:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gwb420dotcom:
    The points reflect this! Gunners make low scores happen for everyone, including themselves.
    I've had several 450 point gun kills before now, and I've seen someone get a 900 point gun kill, so kinda blows this theory out the window...btw the WTFness of this is awesome!

Fixed this.<span class="ev_code_RED">You forgot to mention why? Because the floor is LAVA!</span>

Your mic has a switch on it for a reason! The talker gives themselves away every time, making it easy to avoid them or know who they are. This makes <STRIKE>low</STRIKE> high scores <STRIKE>and </STRIKE> easy <STRIKE>kills</STRIKE>. Makin it easy to know who you are makes the game <STRIKE>no </STRIKE> fun!

Also fixed this.

They can't score a stealth kill to save their lives, and are usually the first ones to send you a message saying you are cheating because you scored more then 500 points.
    Anyone scoring more than 500 points is a haxor, fact! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These gameplay styles can be frustrating but ARE a part of the game they are easy to counter or just join in for a game

Reckoners professional Trash Talker
    https://www.youtube.com/user/WIDOMKR...ow=grid&view=0

Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
    <span class="ev_code_RED">You forgot to mention why? Because the floor is LAVA!</span>
    Sorry.

It's also magnetic (with reversed poles), so it repels anyone trying to walk on it, and burns those that manage to!

Banned
    Seriously, OP...

TRY running around like an idiot for a while.

You may (read: WILL) do badly.

You may (read: WILL) die a lot.

But it'll be fun, as long as you STOP TAKING THE GAME SO SERIOUSLY.

And, FAR more importantly, after experimenting with running and climbing and shooting people, you'll have a MUCH better perspective on the maps (they're totally different from above, trust me), you'll find dozens of new escape routes, and the best part...

You also learn all the biggest vulnerabilities of the roofers and runners you dread playing against.

When you know the best way to take them down, and can land solid kills on them every time, it means you'll be taking the lead early, and holding onto it.

Once you have a solid first place, EVERYONE has to play YOUR game, because half the match is hunting you, and the rest have to hunt them.

Oh wow! you can't swear here.... well once again, check out my forum then. There is NO FASCISM there.

"During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act." - George Orwell

http://www.deceptivestudioz.com

I don't think this is fascism I just believe that because it is an official game forum they try to keep it PG in here. I have never heard of any official forum for anything that allowed overuse of profanities.

Seems like you're the one being a little judgmental of others play styles. We all play for different reasons, and have fun in different ways, just have to accept that , or remove yourself from humanity.

I'll talk, shoot, run, roof, kill npcs only or run in circles all I want.
    I'm this guy

I enjoy your Ken avatar by the way. All those things annoy me too, but I just live with it.
    On Rare Occasions The Apple Falls From The Walnut Tree.

My Youtube

GT- Ripe Claw

Originally posted by WIDOMKR383:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by cptn_k:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by gwb420dotcom:

Fixed this.<span class="ev_code_RED">You forgot to mention why? Because the floor is LAVA!</span>

Also fixed this.

Anyone scoring more than 500 points is a haxor, fact! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

These gameplay styles can be frustrating but ARE a part of the game they are easy to counter or just join in for a game </div></BLOCKQUOTE>lol this just made my day that much better haha

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast