View Poll Results: Keep Heroes in Combat?

What should Heroes do?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • Heroes CAN be in front (HIV)

17 40.48%
  • Stat booster + Spellcaster (HIII)

22 52.38%
  • 'float' in limbo during battle

1 2.38%
  • Run to the castle

0 0%
  • Other

2 4.76%

Thread: poll: K.H.I.C / Keep Heroes in Combat? | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I voted Other because I think it should be a mix of HoMM 3&4.

Players should have the option of taking their heroes into battle. There the heroes should be formidable, able to turn the tide of close battles. However, being on the battlefield should be risky, and death should be harder to recover from that simply running back to a town. The death of a hero on the battlefield should severely impact the moral of both armies appropriately.

If the player does not want the hero to enter battle, then they should offer bonuses similar to HoMM 3. The bonuses should not be as good as if they were actually fighting, particularly any moral bonuses.

I have to agree. The heroes on the battlefield as optional and risky would a great. I loved all the heroes games, but having experienced heroes as part of the battle in HIV, it would be hard to go back to the mindless stats booster heroes.

Why don't we debate that some more here?

No flaming allowed.
    The First one

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by st14z:
    Keep Heroes in Combat?

What should Heroes do? <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Can you first explain us what do you mean by "floating in limbo" and "running to the castle"?
    Member of the Heroes of Might and Magic V Rescue Team . . . [COLOR:WHITE]>[/COLOR] Still waiting for a better game.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Talzar13:
    I voted Other because I think it should be a mix of HoMM 3&4.

Players should have the option of taking their heroes into battle. There the heroes should be formidable, able to turn the tide of close battles. However, being on the battlefield should be risky, and death should be harder to recover from that simply running back to a town. The death of a hero on the battlefield should severely impact the moral of both armies appropriately.

If the player does not want the hero to enter battle, then they should offer bonuses similar to HoMM 3. The bonuses should not be as good as if they were actually fighting, particularly any moral bonuses. <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I can do nothing but agree The heroes of HoMM4 were good as an idea but it didnâ´t really work out I think. They should make a bigger difference to the combat than in HoMM4. In combat it was easy to kill the hero and the creatures on your side could no longer benefit from the heroâ´s magic skills. That wasnâ´t very good
    The game is called HEROES of Might and Magic and if the heroes arenâ´t made to have a greater influence, then itâ´s just a Might and Magic game

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ThombyGulddrake:
    They should make a bigger difference to the combat than in HoMM4. In combat it was easy to kill the hero and the creatures on your side could no longer benefit from the heroâ´s magic skills.
    The game is called HEROES of Might and Magic and if the heroes arenâ´t made to have a greater influence, then itâ´s just a Might and Magic game <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Then how come so many are complaining about HoMM IV heroes being WAY TOO STRONG, so that you don't even need an army???

So are they too strong or too weak??? Well they are weak in the begining and they get much stronger as they become experienced. And isn't it exactly the way it should be???
    Ooh, look at me I've got a signature, I'm so smart and cool. Next I'll add a picture to my signature and people will think I'm a freaking genius.