Thread: I Am Alive vs The Last Of Us | Forums

C'mon Ubi, you had better release this before Naughty Dog drops their Apocalypse competitor and steals all your thunder right out from under you.
    Is the development schedule the 'Event' experience that keeps getting advertized? Because it certainly is a disaster of epic proportions.

I'm still with you but I've probably only got about another 40 years or so of life left, get a move on.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The last of us will blow this game right of the planet earth.. left to rott in orbit.

Well, with one of them not being a fully priced title and the differences in how they are being released, I no longer put them in the same weight class. So the whole concept of VS is kind of out the window now.

I am adjusting my expectations to avoid dissapointment.

The Last of Us will be way better. I'm even considering not to buy I Am Live anymore. Expected this to be €60,- game
    Now playing; [PS3] Assassin's Creed III

^You might be right. I haven't heard about any platforming in TLOU though, so IAA does have that going for it. And who knows, the digital medium is where it's all heading, the IAA release format might be a look at what's to come.
    Episodic DLC is an interesting concept...not that anyone has said anything about IAA incorporating it.

I wouldn't expect it in the next few years. Small games, yes. But, there are still large parts of the world without 50mb/s connections, which will make downloading all games a ***** and companies will not make as many sales.
    Now playing; [PS3] Assassin's Creed III

I think they will both be allot of fun to play. Honestly .. IAA is a little different then TLOU ... this game is about human survival against other humans .. battling your own limits as a person and managing your bodily and material resources where as TLOU is more like the Walking dead or I am legend with the emphasis being more on combat with humans and non. They are the same simple ideas with different twists on how the game will play.

And they will both get my money!

^ Yeah, I plan on buying both of them too. And I agree, they both have similar settings but I think the game play actually may make them very different animals. I'm loving IAA's stamina and non regenerative health aspects....I think it's the correct approach for this specific title.