Thread: Our friend Blairgowrie Passed away today. | Forums

Rebuilding this lost thread, my apologies ahead of time for bringing it back to the top.

Everybody,

It is with a saddened heart, that I have to bring the news of our Friend's health, and imminent completion of his last bit of time here with us.

Jim has been battling Cancer for over a year now. In the last week, he has been forced to bed, and is loosing all abilities.

His Wife Helen has informed me as of last night, he's mostly asleep, only awake in and out.

We have a open thread over at the Danger dogz that all of you are welcome to read, and post in.

Helen (Jim's wife) is trying to keep up with them, and read them to him, as he is able to be alert.

You can also post in this thread as well of course.

Last Sunday the guys got together to Celebrate the 7th year of the Squadron, and to put on a quick display for him in his honor, with his favorite ride.

He really enjoys Mudmoving with the IL2

Sadly he was not able to participate, So DD_Bluebear Compiled it into a video so Helen could show him.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bEGT3...layer_embedded

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8ypWL...eature=channel

Jim has been around here since 2003, and has always shown a Mature, Honorable, Selfless, Assisting, existence among us, and selflessly Hosting thousands of Hours for the Weekend UBI Coops.

He is also Commander of Danger Dogz, and initially was one of the main instigators of getting that group together.

As many of you know, Once a dog always a dog, even if you move on to another squad, The Danger dogz have been a pound so to speak for many of young pups/strays looking for adoption.

That's just the way Jim wanted it.

Cancer its such a ruthless, self serving killer.

It does however often give us the remaining, a chance to express our love, and thoughts to the poor SOD fighting it.

Unlike the silent killers, Heart Attack, Stroke and so forth.

Leaving us the living, left wondering, and struck with a painful empty void in their hearts.

Thanks Jim!

For being strong enough to fight this beast, and giving us the gift of your remaining time with us.

Your eternal friend

Todd

A Bit of Song I sang for you "My Old Freind"

Adding Forum members original Post here.

ms-kleaneasy

UK Forum Manager
    Posted Thu July 28 2011 11:26Thu July 28 2011 11:26
    I was very saddened to hear this news, and while I have already posted my thoughts on the squadron forums I cannot say it enough....

Blairgowrie is one of the most generous, kind, genuine & dedicated forum members I have had the pleasure to work with. He is always willing to help others and always been on hand when I’ve needed assistance.

Jim… I have the upmost respect and admiration for you, my thoughts are with you and your family at this difficult time x
    Urufu_Shinjiro

IL2 Sturmovik
    Cliffs of Dover

Posted Thu July 28 2011 12:08Thu July 28 2011 12:08
    Words fail me. BG is such a huge part of this community it's hard to imagine an Il2 experience if he had not been a part of it. While I'm fairly active on the forums here I have very little time to actually play the game so I have not been on the coops or run into BG and the other dogz online so this is something of a surprise/shock to me. I will say this, even those of us who spend a lot of time on the internet can still be surprised at how much "some dude on the internet" can have a "real world" impact and mean so much to so many people. Those in direct contact please let BG and his family know that I'm thinking of them. BG, I want you to know that you've meant a lot to me over the years, there's not a more respectable and level headed gentleman to be found in this community, there is no mistaking that. The help and support offered to so many here, myself included, will be remembered around here for a long time to come, and dearly missed.

Salute to you good Sir, Salute!
    FoolTrottel
    IL2 Sturmovik
    Cliffs of Dover
    Posted Thu July 28 2011 14:38Thu July 28 2011 14:38
    Salute Jim.

You got me to join the Dogz.
    That changed a lot for me, got me a couple of friends that way...

Thanks for that.
    Thanks for all the great times and fun you've brought us.
    Thanks Jim.

You're a great guy, a fine man...
    foxyboy1964

Posted Thu July 28 2011 15:53Thu July 28 2011 15:53
    I am so sorry to hear this news. Blairgowrie is one of the nicest people I've met on the internet and his calming influence on this forum has been invaluable over the years. You'll always be "Da Man" as far as this place is concerned.

Blairgowrie
    is da man!
    Taylortony
    Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:08Thu July 28 2011 16:08
    Noooooooo

He is one of the worlds true gents and a pleasure to talk to on these forums, I was just the other day having a chortle at this thread running in the other forum...

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/foru...3110283/m/9681013639

Jim, hang in there, we are all praying for you, why does it always happen to the good guys in life...........

I am stunned and at a loss for words
    BTOG46

Global Moderator

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:12Thu July 28 2011 16:12
    If anyone needs to know how the whole forum feels about blairgowrie, they only need to look at foxyboy's sig.
    thefruitbat

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:25Thu July 28 2011 16:25
    I've already said how i feel in our squadron forums, but I'll add here to.

I've been lucky enough to have spent many hours talking and chewing the fat with Jim through the DangerDogz, and I consider myself fortunate to have spent a weekend in his company last year, and you couldn't wish to meet a nicer guy.

He is a true gentleman, and i am going to miss him greatly.

My thoughts go out to Helen and the rest of the family,

your friend always Jim,

Kev.
    raaaid

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:26Thu July 28 2011 16:26
    really really sad to hear that dont know what to say
    B16Enk

IL-2 Googloid

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:26Thu July 28 2011 16:26
    Jim has changed a lot of peoples lives, mostly through the forums here where I first 'met' him.

He has been selfless in his support for those that share in the shared passion of IL2, by offering help here, moderating (often a thankless task but without which meaning here would be lost) and inviting all from here to join in with the DangerDogz and enjoy co-ops he hosted on Saturdays, and all with cracking sense of humour and respect for all.

A great man and a great friend.
    deskpilot

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:28Thu July 28 2011 16:28
    Jim helped me to figure out how to configure my router, get online with the DDs and lots of other stuff. He was always a voice of kindness calm and reason on these forums, urging respect among everyone. I am very saddened to hear about his health and am thinking of him and his family.

Mr_Zooly

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:35Thu July 28 2011 16:35
    I too have replied on our forums but I would like to add that I had the honour of meeting BG last year at Duxford but I (unfortunately) didn't get to really talk him as much as I would have liked but I do know that he is the most genuine, humble and approachable gentleman you could ever wish to meet and I too will miss him dearly. My thoughts are also with Weasel (his wife) and my heart goes out to her in what is a really tough and trying time emotionally, my thoughts are with you both.
    ~S~
    Always in my thoughts,
    Craig.

Tho' much is taken, much abides; and though
    We are not now that strength which in old days
    Moved earth and heaven; that which we are, we are;
    One equal temper of heroic hearts,
    Made weak by time and fate, but strong in will
    To strive, to seek, to find, and not to yield.
    willyvic

IL2 Sturmovik
    Cliffs of Dover
    Silent Hunter

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:36Thu July 28 2011 16:36
    Jim,

You are a fine man and a person anybody would be proud to know. It saddens me to learn of your struggle with cancer but strengthens me through your ability to battle it with dignity. I wish you well my friend and remind you that you remain in our hearts and minds.

Tom "WillyVic"
    Dance

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:39Thu July 28 2011 16:39
    I never had the honour of knowing him, but he has always been helpful and courteous to me here on the forum. He was invaluable in keeping the WW2 quiz going. All the Dogz I have come across have been good guys, and to have been top dog he must be a special guy.

My thoughts and prayers are with him and his wife.
    leitmotiv

Posted Thu July 28 2011 16:57Thu July 28 2011 16:57
    PERCHANCE he for whom this bell tolls may be so ill as that he knows not it tolls for him. And perchance I may think myself so much better than I am, as that they who are about me, and see my state, may have caused it to toll for me, and I know not that. The church is catholic, universal, so are all her actions; all that she does, belongs to all. When she baptizes a child, that action concerns me; for that child is thereby connected to that head which is my head too, and ingraffed into that body, whereof I am a member. And when she buries a man, that action concerns me; all mankind is of one author, and is one volume; when one man dies, one chapter is not torn out of the book, but translated into a better language; and every chapter must be so translated; God employs several translators; some pieces are translated by age, some by sickness, some by war, some by justice; but God's hand is in every translation, and his hand shall bind up all our scattered leaves again, for that library where every book shall lie open to one another; as therefore the bell that rings to a sermon, calls not upon the preacher only, but upon the congregation to come; so this bell calls us all: but how much more me, who am brought so near the door by this sickness.