Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 38

Thread: Far Cry 3 Auto aim | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

  1. #1
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Alright Far Cry community, what is you're opinion on auto aim for Far Cry 3? I'm not just talking about Single Player, but also Multiplayer.

    I would say Ubisoft needs to take out auto aim completely. Why because to keep the game more realistic. Realistic is what Ubisoft is trying to go for on Far Cry 3. This my not happen at all but I have a different example.

    Single Player will most likely have an easy mode up to the hardest mode. The hardest mode should be as realistic as it gets. That means no "cross hair" and no "auto aim" and anything else keeping the game from being less realistic.

    Multiplayer I would say should not have auto aim all together. Some players have other advantages than others because of auto aim.
    We all know in Far Cry 2 you can turn the "Auto Aim" on or off.

    Post what you think of Auto Aim for Far Cry 3 not just single player, but multiplayer as well.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  2. #2
    Senior Member Ix Johnnien xI's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2009
    Location
    Nesodden, Norway
    Posts
    746
    If auto aim is included in FC3 it should be optionable in singleplayer; and, excluded from multiplayer altogether.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  3. #3
    Banned
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    10
    Originally posted by Johnnien:
    If auto aim is included in FC3 it should be optionable in singleplayer; and, excluded from multiplayer altogether.
    I agree 100%, but when you play on the hardest difficulty in the single player it should be locked so you cant turn it on.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  4. #4
    There is a difference between "AUTO AIM" and "AIM ASSIST"

    Have you ever played a console mulitplayer game without aim assist? It's AWFUL.

    I will give an example. TUROK had no aim assist (it didn't help that Turok's controls weren't that great anyway).

    Moral of the story is: Aim assist is a necessary evil on consoles. Simple as that. PC on the other hand has no need.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  5. #5
    Originally posted by FarCry3IDEAS:
    Alright Far Cry community, what is you're opinion on auto aim for Far Cry 3? I'm not just talking about Single Player, but also Multiplayer.

    I would say Ubisoft needs to take out auto aim completely. Why because to keep the game more realistic. Realistic is what Ubisoft is trying to go for on Far Cry 3. This my not happen at all but I have a different example.

    Single Player will most likely have an easy mode up to the hardest mode. The hardest mode should be as realistic as it gets. That means no "cross hair" and no "auto aim" and anything else keeping the game from being less realistic.

    Multiplayer I would say should not have auto aim all together. Some players have other advantages than others because of auto aim.
    We all know in Far Cry 2 you can turn the "Auto Aim" on or off.

    Post what you think of Auto Aim for Far Cry 3 not just single player, but multiplayer as well.
    So let me understand this, you dont like auto aim so no one should be allowed to use it? everyone should want to play FC3 as realistic as posible with no choice? this you think is the way to go?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  6. #6
    aim assist is an important feature. if you are going for "realistic" than aim assist is the way to go, cause in real life i have reflexes and depth perception that makes me able to react and auto correct a shot on the move. Aim assist has always felt like the game character's natural reflexes, on top of your control, so i am all for it. It should be toned down for multiplayer tho.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  7. #7
    @FarCry3IDEAS the "Community Discussion" prefix is reserved for threads that are added to the main sticky for the forum.

    If this thread is popular enough its title will be changed back, thank you for your anticipated cooperation.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  8. #8
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    1
    I don't know if it is the Auto Aim, or if people are using hacks, but the multiplayer sort of sucks for me. I play on a PC and auto aim is not an option on the PC apparently, but I don't understand how in game, a player can 1-2 hit me with a pistol from 100 yards away, consistently, or how I get killed by players while both are in a full sprint at, or near, the moment we come into view with each other. I can hardly react as quickly as I get dropped. I've been killed numerous times with a sniper rifle with people in full stride shooting from the hip. And it seems to me that many of the players just never miss. I know when I look down the sights on my weapons, I get recoil making it difficult with some weapons to stay on target with anything less than short burst fire.

    I'm not any incredible player, admittedly, but may of the players that average 35 kills a game just appear to have some sort of unfair advantage and it is extremely frustrating for me, a player that doesn't use, and will never use, any sort of hacks or cheats in a game because it just doesn't feel right. Co-op can be boring after awhile, multiplayer is shorter in duration, but just too frustrating for an organic player.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  9. #9
    Quote Originally Posted by legacyzero View Post
    There is a difference between "AUTO AIM" and "AIM ASSIST"

    Have you ever played a console mulitplayer game without aim assist? It's AWFUL.

    I will give an example. TUROK had no aim assist (it didn't help that Turok's controls weren't that great anyway).

    Moral of the story is: Aim assist is a necessary evil on consoles. Simple as that. PC on the other hand has no need.
    Agreed. Playing games with zero assist is miserable. You can't hit a d*mn thing. Unfortunately playing with a joystick is tougher then a mouse and some aim assist is necessary. Besides, FC3 has far less aim assist/auto aim then CoD. My cursor doesn't get magnetically pulled around when someone runs in front of me like in CoD.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

  10. #10
    the reason PC doesn't use am assist is because a 3 year old can point and click on a target with consoles you have to aim, it is entirely to easy to over shoot a target, ever game/beta for console that I played that didn't use aim assist became a strafing fight till one person died, 2 people would see each other, hold down the trigger and run back and forth hoping more bullets hit then the other, is that what you want for fc3?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •