Thread: Colin, what's going on ? | Forums

Hi Colin, what's going on with your latest questions ?
    Please give us a hint man
    he he, I am curious

Anyway, if you can't respond then it's OK for you to simply delete this thread
    XBLive Gamertag: Mysticaly
    PSN: Mysticaly74
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Perhaps UBI are trying to guage current interest in the game to see whether its worth continuing to patch/support it....?

Since 2004 and the Graw 2 cancelation for PC.

Various things have gone in a cetain direction.

In spite of numeruose posts by members on many forums with regard to how the game needs to progress its progressed it seems to an oposite direction.

The last 2 years have seen a move away from the orignal.

In my opionion at a cost.

I think may be some people have realiseed that one should have stuck with what was already a great success and not moved the goal posts too much, which has been the case.

I have been asked to gauge the thoughts of members re the future development and direction.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...3/m/4951065006

In my way I have asked you the membership not by a poll or by asking questions that have been asked so many times how and what you want but simply by saying we are in pre GR2 days, if you like a second chance at getting right this time.

Graw for PC has not done the Job of the original by a long way, I feel people in Ubi have now realised this and perhapes are trying to rethink the Franchise.

Now some of this on my part is reading between the lines but a lot of it is what I hear and see.

If I AM WAY OFF BASE HERE
    some one from way up higher will tell me.

In my opionion only one other company maybe able to pull off a game like the original, but Im sure Ubisoft would not like to see this happen and are trying to put things right.

I for one will help them do this if I can, because they have the manpower the money and the ditribution, its only the direction I feel they lack at the moment.

I have a lot more to add to this but this should answer the question.

Colin

Banned
    I am going to reserve my comments at this time since I have been taking my medication and reside a bit on my negative rants but... God forbid UBI is just trying to pull a fast one on us again.

OK Colin, thanks allot for your reply! much appreciated.

Your efforts and initiative is most appreciated to, real nice to see that you are interested in the "future" of the franchise as well.
    XBLive Gamertag: Mysticaly
    PSN: Mysticaly74

You know?... If GRAW2 was released instead of GRAW1. The GRAW series would have had major success.

Ive even noticed that It seems that Ubi is giving up on GRAW2 quicker than they have given up on GRAW1. I suppose with COD4 coming out soon any efforts will be futile.

Either way. Thanks for your work colin.

Originally posted by ColinCJ:
    Since 2004 and the Graw 2 cancelation for PC.

Various things have gone in a cetain direction.

Which has been down hill,in my and a lot of other peoples opinion.

In spite of numeruose posts by members on many forums with regard to how the game needs to progress its progressed it seems to an oposite direction.

You're exactly right about that and there are MANY who are asking the question,"WHY?". WHY "fix" something that ISNT broken,WHY limit coop to 4 players (GRAW 1),WHY this and that....ect And NOW,......WHY ask us anything at all?We tried to explain what we wanted and it was ignored. (Shoot,the GR2 "deal" left a foul taste in a lot of folks mouths) "fool me once,shame on you...fool me twice,shame on me"..want a chance to fool me three times,"I DOUBT IT"......."Show me",then I miiiight consider purchasing your product.

The last 2 years have seen a move away from the orignal.

In the WRONG direction,in the opinions of many who love GR/DS/IT

In my opionion at a cost.

I would guess that a reveiw of these forums would reveil some of the "cost". This place isnt near bout what it used to be "pre GR2 drop"

I think may be some people have realiseed that one should have stuck with what was already a great success and not moved the goal posts too much, which has been the case.

Ya mean somebody at UBI has actually pulled their head outta their butt,and "seen the light"?......Learn something every day

I have been asked to gauge the thoughts of members re the future development and direction.

http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/t...3/m/4951065006

I posted my thoughts,as did several members from Alpha Squad(at my request in their forums)........UBI,you want a "winner" game? LISTEN to the folks at AS,they know GR inside and out,backwards and forwards.

In my way I have asked you the membership not by a poll or by asking questions that have been asked so many times how and what you want but simply by saying we are in pre GR2 days, if you like a second chance at getting right this time.

What is wanted has been stated over and over.IF UBI REALLY wants to know........somebody at UBI should get busy reading different forums,the answers to their questions are there....they've been stated over and over,till some have grown tired of it,.....thinking,"what's the use?"

Graw for PC has not done the Job of the original by a long way, I feel people in Ubi have now realised this and perhapes are trying to rethink the Franchise.

I really hope this is the case.

Now some of this on my part is reading between the lines but a lot of it is what I hear and see.

If I AM WAY OFF BASE HERE
    some one from way up higher will tell me.

I hope you're not "off base" here Colin,and the answers to "The Question" are NOT in vain.

In my opionion only one other company maybe able to pull off a game like the original, but Im sure Ubisoft would not like to see this happen and are trying to put things right.

Yep and they are hard at work on it at this very moment....ie "GB".If it comes out the way as planned,it'll be hard to get those customors back from BFS

I for one will help them do this if I can, because they have the manpower the money and the ditribution, its only the direction I feel they lack at the moment.

I think it would be convincing to more if it was heard "straight from the horses' mouth".....ie UBI

I have a lot more to add to this but this should answer the question.

Colin
    Colin,this reply wasnt a "rant" at you. I appreciate what you do and your envolvement. My reply was for UBI "shot callers" . Is it kinda strong?Maybe..........but like you?,I and others have said.....there are a lot of UNhappy people,because the way UBI has chosen to move the GR franchise. Hopefully SOMEBOBY will come to their senses and get GR back on the right track,because it has derailed and doesnt look,play or feel anything like the GR we came to know and love.

regards

4X<pre class="ip-ubbcode-code-pre"> </pre>

What's Redstorm up to these days?

One thing I did forget to mention in my wish list.

In the last few missions I did for tourneys I ran into the unfortuneate problem of reaching the limit of what IGOR will let you script into a mission.
    Most of the missions if not all the ones I make have multipul senierios depending on what a team does or does not do and how they do it.

I guess if you were to somehow simplify the basic scripting stuff like I had mentioned in a previous post. One that had a better continueif ladder or a true and if or sequnce it would increase the ammount of scripting allowed for other things.