Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Next PoP Gameplay Ideas? | Forums

Next PoP Gameplay Ideas?

ok, so i got this idea in that AC Unity parkour thread. so the concept is not to develop a story or request a sequel to one of your favorites in the series, but to seriously think about how you would integrate all of your chosen elements into an ideal PoP game. what did you like about past games? what did you not like? assuming there's parkour (and why wouldn't there be?), how would you integrate it into the overall scheme of things? would it be based on classic elements from PoP or more freeform like AC? a mix of both? how important is a fantastical element in the game to you? do you want to see more magic like PoP2008 and TFS or a single fantasy element like the SoT series (just time powers)? do you want a 3D environment like the previous newer games, a 2D environment like the classic and mobile games, or something in between? do you want an artistic style utilizing the art engine (or cell shaded like PoP2008) or a more realistic style like previous games and AC? i think this would be a good topic to discuss so, MAYBE, if the developers are skimming over the forums, perhaps they'll be able to see what we truly want out of the game all in one place. if this works, great, if not, that's cool too. i'm just trying to get our brains working in a more positive manner rather than ho-humming and moaning over the lack of updates.
    Last edited by jmk1999; 06-23-2014 at 01:16 AM.

JohnKarp.com | deviantART | Model Mayhem
    "It takes an idiot to do cool things. That's why it's cool."
    - Haruhara Haruko
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Pfffff... How many things have we asked for POP and have ended on Assassin´s Creed? I´d say to remain silent on this... Let´s not give them more ideas to use on that game ¬¬

lol... oh, you're no fun... go on, let it out.

- Haruhara Haruko

I'd love it if the Prince would be able to fight while doing parkour. Remember in POP WW you were able to slash with the sword during wall running? well I think Ubi should expand that feature and have the Prince use his sword while jumping over obstacles, free running, wall running, backfliping, and so on. Basically you'd be able to use the sword anytime, at will. The combat should allow freedom of movement including wall running and it could use double weapons or someone like Elika along to help with combos.
    The puzzles should be a big part of the game and I'm not just talking about opening-doors-type-of-puzzles. The whole environment should be one big puzzle where you have to figure out the right route and tasks. Open world is a must in this case and I'd love some RPG elements thrown in the mix, like having side quests and the ability to upgrade the weapons and powers.
    The whole direction of the game should be more fantasy-like (since AC is going towards realism) and some supernatural powers must be integrated into the gameplay and visual style. Speaking of this, I enjoyed both TFS and POP 08's graphics and the next game's visuals depend on whether Ubi wants to continue the 08 story or the Sands story or come up with yet another reboot. Either way POP must have that 1001 Nights atmosphere.
    Basically what I think it would be the perfect POP for me .... it's something like The Witcher 3 with parkour (And Elika)

Co-founder of the mighty Lightbringers ! Join us here, on DeviantArt and on Twitter

My pop idea

This is my opinion and scenario for the new game first graphic must be perfect inviroment dark creepy scary nostalgic and color to prove that more plants animals in the backrounds rain lightning inviroment must be done in details.There must be a lot of swords daggers knifes spears axes etc also in details but every single weapon must have his own animation for attack.
    Combat must be perfect and by the perfect i mean when prince kill someone i want too se blood organs **** caming from death body not some filthy light or sand.enemies must be creepy weird and do strange things like death babies eat alive dog and attack prince with his sharpened bone i mean that strange also when prince is moving tru wather put some traps in wather that could kill him get old traps from pop 1 to pop 2010 i want to see prince in two pieces tose traps from classic games and blood spills and organs a lot of blood and lot of new traps including statues machines that walk and could kill you and from their bodies smoke like robots but in the ancient times look so moving traps with path that you cant predict path also traps from things that you would even think that they are traps and even more traps.enemyes.also in the inviroment we must see dead human flesh rotten and bugs eat it and dead animals game limit at least pegi 18 we must get scared while playing and disturbed but on the other side watch nostalgic cutscenes and enyoy beauty of inviroment and battle we must have that kind of things and it would be cool that every enemy are different not that same as it usual we want enemies that stubb himself and trow up on you and try his best to kill you dark metal music or nostalgic classic music for cutscenes also you watch out that cutscenes are beautifull as game and why it is always woman that helps prince should be one time some lost soldier help prince to solve situation and he found maybe at the end some girl that he saves and dont **** with her just save girl and that iz is about that but also lot of enemies that are woman *****es evil *****s that would kill you also catapults that cook human flesh and throw it on you everything as more evil would be great and perfect also make plants more realistic in every game they look like some ugly **** make even more beautifull fountains and bring back potions and some powers but dark powers not some ****ty shiney one and use your mind to make game ubisoft i designed one trap that is similar to pop classic one that slice you in two pieces but more darker when you get sliced blood fells in the holes in the ground and pumps get him to the top of trap and spill blood over dead body with spilled organs etc i want to se beautifull persian vases carpets interiors etc also chests that you may find something that will use you prince that can carry 3 weapons or perhaps that you can find in the chest botttle that prince can get magic water and save for later all that stuff must be done perfectly perfect make prince with the similar face to warrior within one but dreess him in the persian chlothes make music beautifull and nostalgic new animations for wallrun etc and make him in details when you do this ubisoft you will get your precious money and we wuld be happy we are waiting 4 years for new game and still nothing ok lets continue what else please make sounds for wather little longer because when prince walks tru wather i it short silly sound repeating itself and sounds like glass broke wood broke and please when prince break vases boxes or etc please make it animation how it breaks not wood flying around like birds in the *****y dream or fantasy make prince clever and all scars since first game to now make him more disturbed by his past make him little confused somethimes but not too much.more perfectly smooth moves for situation that he is in..
    lots of secret places atleast 43 make that you can decide where to go and find way to it... make secret weapons atleast 23
    make small objects that is persian beautifull torches candles etc....weird enemyes mansturbathing together scary situations that is inposibble to understand if you have normal mind....or magic rituals that enemy can do to you while you busy fighting other or something else you do make that people have nightmares about it and then they will say what a good game that i am acctualy scare to play it or just watch it...we want also see in the backround people that are so scared that they commit suicide also fight between natives and enemies animals eating death etc screams torture devices and new design to them that prince can perhaps use them to get some answers...everything cruel dark scary gross violent disturbing would be welcome.
    buildings must be great beautifull mistic and nostalgic.....that is for that now story for game.also cages with death people
    and one that you could save.
    Story:
    when the prince returns to babylon to tell his father what happend pop2010 (ending) he was cought in the rain storm and find big town unkown arhitecture but very persian it is the town called assualdar in which prince will get tested his courage skills and mind prince looks at the city and at once he close eyes and open them 1 second he find out that he is in the town gates closed and then begins all the story how he must rescue people and find out that kindness is the way out this very bad situation at assualdar but that he will find out in the ending... Ubisoft please make us new game we are waiting 4 years and all we get is 2d game for mobile phones-.- so please.....

That's something AC will never be able to incorporate as successfully as PoP... the magic, the fantasy, the mystique.

I do want a 3D enviroment. But I would like to leave the rest for the dev team to decide.
    Join CollectorsEdition.org - Video Game CE/LE/SE Database \ AC Collection \ AC Initiates \ YouTube \ CE.org Forums
    Searching for free, unused ACR Uplay Passport code (for PS3 if it matters)

Quote Originally Posted by Rinofuri View Post
    This is my opinion and scenario for the new game first graphic must be perfect inviroment dark creepy scary nostalgic and color to prove that more plants animals in the backrounds rain lightning inviroment must be done in details.There must be a lot of swords daggers knifes spears axes etc also in details but every single weapon must have his own animation for attack.
    Combat must be perfect and by the perfect i mean when prince kill someone i want too se blood organs **** caming from death body not some filthy light or sand.enemies must be creepy weird and do strange things like death babies eat alive dog and attack prince with his sharpened bone i mean that strange also when prince is moving tru wather put some traps in wather that could kill him get old traps from pop 1 to pop 2010 i want to see prince in two pieces tose traps from classic games and blood spills and organs a lot of blood and lot of new traps including statues machines that walk and could kill you and from their bodies smoke like robots but in the ancient times look so moving traps with path that you cant predict path also traps from things that you would even think that they are traps and even more traps.enemyes.also in the inviroment we must see dead human flesh rotten and bugs eat it and dead animals game limit at least pegi 18 we must get scared while playing and disturbed but on the other side watch nostalgic cutscenes and enyoy beauty of inviroment and battle we must have that kind of things and it would be cool that every enemy are different not that same as it usual we want enemies that stubb himself and trow up on you and try his best to kill you dark metal music or nostalgic classic music for cutscenes also you watch out that cutscenes are beautifull as game and why it is always woman that helps prince should be one time some lost soldier help prince to solve situation and he found maybe at the end some girl that he saves and dont **** with her just save girl and that iz is about that but also lot of enemies that are woman *****es evil *****s that would kill you also catapults that cook human flesh and throw it on you everything as more evil would be great and perfect also make plants more realistic in every game they look like some ugly **** make even more beautifull fountains and bring back potions and some powers but dark powers not some ****ty shiney one and use your mind to make game ubisoft i designed one trap that is similar to pop classic one that slice you in two pieces but more darker when you get sliced blood fells in the holes in the ground and pumps get him to the top of trap and spill blood over dead body with spilled organs etc i want to se beautifull persian vases carpets interiors etc also chests that you may find something that will use you prince that can carry 3 weapons or perhaps that you can find in the chest botttle that prince can get magic water and save for later all that stuff must be done perfectly perfect make prince with the similar face to warrior within one but dreess him in the persian chlothes make music beautifull and nostalgic new animations for wallrun etc and make him in details when you do this ubisoft you will get your precious money and we wuld be happy we are waiting 4 years for new game and still nothing ok lets continue what else please make sounds for wather little longer because when prince walks tru wather i it short silly sound repeating itself and sounds like glass broke wood broke and please when prince break vases boxes or etc please make it animation how it breaks not wood flying around like birds in the *****y dream or fantasy make prince clever and all scars since first game to now make him more disturbed by his past make him little confused somethimes but not too much.more perfectly smooth moves for situation that he is in..
    lots of secret places atleast 43 make that you can decide where to go and find way to it... make secret weapons atleast 23
    make small objects that is persian beautifull torches candles etc....weird enemyes mansturbathing together scary situations that is inposibble to understand if you have normal mind....or magic rituals that enemy can do to you while you busy fighting other or something else you do make that people have nightmares about it and then they will say what a good game that i am acctualy scare to play it or just watch it...we want also see in the backround people that are so scared that they commit suicide also fight between natives and enemies animals eating death etc screams torture devices and new design to them that prince can perhaps use them to get some answers...everything cruel dark scary gross violent disturbing would be welcome.
    buildings must be great beautifull mistic and nostalgic.....that is for that now story for game.also cages with death people
    and one that you could save.
    Story:
    when the prince returns to babylon to tell his father what happend pop2010 (ending) he was cought in the rain storm and find big town unkown arhitecture but very persian it is the town called assualdar in which prince will get tested his courage skills and mind prince looks at the city and at once he close eyes and open them 1 second he find out that he is in the town gates closed and then begins all the story how he must rescue people and find out that kindness is the way out this very bad situation at assualdar but that he will find out in the ending... Ubisoft please make us new game we are waiting 4 years and all we get is 2d game for mobile phones-.- so please.....
    what? i'm not sure if this is serious or not. you... might wanna play Dante's Inferno... maybe? although i'm not sure that would be dark and twisted enough for you.

- Haruhara Haruko

Pop

Yes but everyone will play it if it is like my idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Rinofuri View Post
    Yes but everyone will play it if it is like my idea.
    I wouldn't.*

*That is to say I wouldn't play a game for that reason. I only look for violence where it matches the content of the story. Sand monsters and corrupted warriors certainly lose limbs and whatever it is that keeps them alive, but whatever they lose isn't going to be blood, so to me, putting that splash of red in there for anything that's not human/doesn't have blood, would look silly. And the thing is, I'd just as soon have the fantasy stuff in there as realistic. As Bobby said, the realistic aspects are more what AC is doing these days. PoP would most likely benefit from keeping enough fantasy elements to separate itself from AC. As for the action, I tend to prefer violence over gore. More intensity in the animations and the impact of the attacks; faster and more visually jarring. Enough with the slow-mo already. Although the 2008 game implemented it better than WW&TT did, the animations still looked cooler at full speed to be honest.

@Bobby: I think you've hit on it. One thing I haven't seen in action game yet is an emphasis on literally fighting WHILE moving around like that and I think the steps they took in Warrior Within really appealed to people. If they could integrate that fully into a system with an emphasis on using the environment , it would form a highly unique and really fun action system. And for the millionth time (I've said this so many times I've lost count. XD ) PUT SOME FOCUS ON THE ENEMIES! Enemies are half your combat system, so treat them like it. The 2008 game started on the right path, but underestimated the power of the players, thinking that making the enemies merely equal would make them challenging when they needed them to be vastly stronger than the Prince.

I just effin hate Ubisoft right now... Yves and his cohorts are a bunch of mothereffers... >

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast