Just been away to the university mtb champs. about 400-500 students in a field in Scotland from Thursday to Sunday. I'd forgotten how much I love the scene. It's not like the surfing/climbing scene etc at all. Very little boasting and posing, any boasting is done by riding the downhill run fast. Us downhillers are a bunch of slightly psycho pikeys who can't afford motorcross but thats what make's it fun.
No one took any of it seriously, if it had been a climbing event there would have been a LOT of BS.
Instead I had 4 days of
* exploding bonfires
* harassing the few women there
* gay/your mum jokes
* nutters doing a massive gap jump in the dark
* LOTS of booze
* inter-university rivalry, mainly us abusing the Loughbrough crowd
* heckling each other riding at every opportunity which mainly consisted of "DOOO A WHEEELIE or DOOO A BACKFLIP!!!"
* doing the downhill run intoxicated
* stealing each others bikes
* breaking each others bikes
* general smack talk to do with riding ability
* Loud stupid offensive music
* Offensive just about everything
Massively good times! All other sports suck arse heheh!