Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: uninstalling assassins creed 2 | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

I am having trouble uninstalling ac 2 is there some way to do this without just deleting all the files?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Banned

Your query is a bit unclear. If u want to uninstall the game, it will obviously delete all the main Game files, except some Saved game folders. Are u getting any ERROR message during the removal process ?

Do u have RETAIL disk copy, or any digital download version like e.g STEAM, D2D etc. ? Just uninstall the game from the CONTROL PANEL (Add/remove Programs, or Programs and features). You can also remove it via clicking on the 'Uninstall' Shield wizard, from where the game folder is located, but Control Panel is much better.

For Steam games, you can also Right-click on the Game's name, and go to properties, and then click on 'Delete Local Content' option.

(Some Windows registry entries also need be removed sometimes, but it won't be necessary, if you don't face any problem.) Which Operating System are you using ?

Yeah i installed the game and it was working fine but by accident I deleted some files and it stopped working properly. I'm using OSX.6.5 as well which is part of the problem I think because it sounds like your solutions are geared towards windows users. It's a digital download.
    still perplexed

Also I did delete all the files I could find related to the app but it still says it is installed and won't let me reinstall which is what i've been trying to do

Banned

Oh, so u are using MAC OS ? Sorry, I'm not much familiar with this OS. You better ask this over at the any Official MAC Forum, because this is more an OS issue, rather than a Game/AC2 issue. but I think, you can just 'drag' the entire Game Foder to the Trash bin under MAC. You are using an old version of MAC i think.

Anyway, I'm giving u few links. Go through them carefully, and see if they can be of any HELP ?

http://macosx.com/tech-support...stall-apps/1446.html

http://www.addictivetips.com/m...program-in-mac-os-x/

http://guides.macrumors.com/Un...ications_in_Mac_OS_X

http://www.rawcomputing.co.uk/macuninstall.html

http://techie-buzz.com/how-to/...programs-on-mac.html

sure yeah i'll check them out thank you so much for your help

I want to uninstall AC II, but have a similar problem on my mac. When I run the uninstaller script I am asked for a password, but nothing I enter works. Does anyone know what to do?

i actually figured it out.
    If I can remember how I did it was to change permissions in my terminal app so that I could read and write. I just left the unistall script running and tried to reopen after changing permissions and I think thats how it worked.

Also having trouble uninstalling

Quote Originally Posted by utambo View Post
    Yeah i installed the game and it was working fine but by accident I deleted some files and it stopped working properly. I'm using OSX.6.5 as well which is part of the problem I think because it sounds like your solutions are geared towards windows users. It's a digital download.
    still perplexed

Also I did delete all the files I could find related to the app but it still says it is installed and won't let me reinstall which is what i've been trying to do
    I tried all the links posted above, couldn't get any of the suggested methods to work. How do you do this?

I have the same problem,can someone help?,what to do?

Hi and welcome to the forums, are you also on MAC?

Please open a ticket with Technical Support, the link is in my signature.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast