Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: There's no gadget launcher attachment for the SC3000. | Forums

Spider-Bot | Splinter Cell Blacklist | Companion App

Fourth Echelon Economy 101 | Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Out of the Shadows - Splinter Cell Blacklist Dev Panel

J. Cole Trailer - Splinter Cell Blacklist [NORTH AMERICA]

Banned
    Once again, Ubisoft has contradicted themselves by claiming that since Sam's story is personal he won't have access to all the gadgets (but he can somehow find an R&D Five-seveN, an EMP backpack, and a pair of sonar goggles lying around ).

So what's stopping Archer and Kestrel from using the gadget launcher attachment that was in the previous games?

Discuss.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Originally posted by Cyrus.H:
    Once again, Ubisoft has contradicted themselves by claiming that since Sam's story is personal he won't have access to all the gadgets (but he can somehow find an R&D Five-seveN, an EMP backpack, and a pair of sonar goggles lying around ).

So what's stopping Archer and Kestrel from using the gadget launcher attachment that was in the previous games?

Discuss.
    the whole game-developing seems just like a failure after failure after failure.
    and very soon we will get use to it.

geez, even tho I've already aware that there wont be a launcher on the f2000(or whatever it is) I'm still ****ed off , what? ubisoft really "announce" it.
    my god, they what to tells the world that theres a flaw in the game?

(I wishes coop agents can toss sticky cams or something else, havent seen it).

something tells me if devs gonna talk about removing of the launcher, the excuse will be "oh, its too much like a batman" and "it slow the paces down"
    We do have more than 100 keys on keyboard, the melee/action key design is a failure.

......and just because people runs fast, it doesn't mean they want to jump over obstacles and kick down a door.

Not sure if this warranted a new thread. But:
    1) The lightsiders won't care. Beland could put same in a wedding dress and have him marry OJ Simpson and they'd all sign up to be the best man.
    2) Does the decision really surprise you? Yet another removal of a critical gameplay element that had been in the first game? It had taken a long time for Ubisoft to even show Sam with the SC3000 here, so the decision is no great loss to me. Even more reason to wait until it goes bargain bin, just like Command and Conquer 4.

Started: November 2006
    Finished: December 2010
    Thanks Melonie for the sig!

Originally posted by Cyrus.H:

Discuss.
    I don't really care, I prefer hand-to-hand takedowns, but I know some people really like the luncher so good point.

Sam Fisher will never die!

there could be a few reasons this could work ( not saying I agree either way but..)

from a darksiders point i can see how this is another incompetence issue behind this new dev team and another step back in the stealth department as the attachment was usually ment for stealth/non-lethal gadgets like sticky shokers and air foil rounds..

but lightsiders may make sense of it by looking at the game and story itself.

it seems as tho Tom Reed (the new head guy, and the reason 3rd Echelon is no longer what it used to be) has created these splinter cells to be more aggressive and has no regard for human lifes... he could care less about people getting killed and seems to have no moral fiber to keep things non-lethal as much as possible. this could have led to the successor of the SC 20k (the SC3000) to not focus on have included an attachment for non-lethal weapons and is made to just take out the opposition. and this could be what went wrong with 3rd Echelon and the way they do things now.

this is just one of things i was thinking about from both sides. i do wish we had such attachments tho.

but to someone elses comment.. Archer and Kestrel do still have sticky cams. not just Sam.

Perhaps it to took to much time to create all these weapons with their attachments. It's not only the SC3000 that has some upgrades. Though I would like to have them because how does it look when Sam is throwing a sticky cam with his own hands?!

The SC20K/SC3000 is based off of the FN F2000 modular assault rifle. The underbarrel launcher attachment is not an integrated part of the weapon. It would actually be up to the operator in the special ops unit whether they wanted to offset the accuracy of the rifle by having extra weight under the barrel. It would be common to see the rifle in both configurations.

Reference photo:

Hi, I'm drunkrepublican...The sober independent.

The SC3K is a metaphor for SCC itself.

It's the latest instalment of a series, and one of it's defining features is it's lack of a crucial component of it's previous versions.

Originally posted by Alaskagamer:
    I don't really care, I prefer hand-to-hand takedowns, but I know some people really like the luncher so good point.
    I prefer hand-to-hand takedowns as well.

This dev team seems hell-bent on distancing themselves from the old games to the point that this SC3000 (which is, let's face it, the ultimate multi-purpose weapon and the only one any agent would want to have) has to be neutered to fit in with the COnviction gameplay.

It's everywhere in SCC. He's got goggles, but not NV/IR...he apparently will get access to his old equipment, but not the uniform...and let's disregard how the once fairly-realistic espionage has been replaced with a one-man killing spree storyline.

I remember how in one of the dev videos a lady talked about how the broken mirror was a "2010-twist" on the gameplay...HUH??? I guess throwing rubber bullets and spy-cams is too now.

Also, as a sidenote...if everyone can stop referring to people as "lightsiders" and "darksiders" and focus more on discussing the gameplay elements that would be great!
    "Gameplay is a lot more about bursts of intense action swinging back into stealth and using stealth as a tool. It's less about being invisible and more about being predatory." Patrick Redding in OXM Jan.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast