Thread: Actual 360 vision military technology! | Forums

This seems to be what HAWX is going to emulate with the advanced technology systems fighters in the game are supposed to use.

I don't know what 'realism' junkies are going to do with modern flight sims, as the switch heavy Radar has gone the way of the dodo, and now the all important 'hardcore' In-Cockpit view is also going away in modern jets .

"Futuristic new helmets will enable fighter jet pilots to see through their own aircraft, the Ministry of Defence said today. The head gear being developed for the hi-tech F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is being tested by MoD scientists at Boscombe Down in Wiltshire. An MoD spokesman said: "Unlike other jet aircraft the JSF, which is planned to replace the Harrier, does not have a traditional head-up display. Instead the computerised symbology will be displayed directly on to the pilot's visors, providing the pilot with cues for flying, navigating and fighting the aircraft. "It even will superimpose infra-red imagery on to the visor to allow the pilot to look through the cockpit floor at night and see the world below - like something out of Terminator. "This is absolutely the cutting edge of technology. No other helmet will be able to do this. The head gear, currently at prototype stage, is being developed by Vision Systems International and Helmet Integrated Systems Limited.
    http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003846.html"
    -Gel214th
    System Specs for Tech Support:
    Puget Systems Intel i7 920|4 Gig RAM|ATI 5870|Intel G2 80GB SSD boot drive|integrated on board sound|24" 1920x1200 Monitor
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

This seems to be what HAWX is going to emulate with the advanced technology systems fighters in the game are supposed to use.

I don't know what 'realism' junkies are going to do with modern flight sims, as the switch heavy Radar has gone the way of the dodo, and now the all important 'hardcore' In-Cockpit view is also going away in modern jets .

"Futuristic new helmets will enable fighter jet pilots to see through their own aircraft, the Ministry of Defence said today. The head gear being developed for the hi-tech F-35 Joint Strike Fighter is being tested by MoD scientists at Boscombe Down in Wiltshire. An MoD spokesman said: "Unlike other jet aircraft the JSF, which is planned to replace the Harrier, does not have a traditional head-up display. Instead the computerised symbology will be displayed directly on to the pilot's visors, providing the pilot with cues for flying, navigating and fighting the aircraft. "It even will superimpose infra-red imagery on to the visor to allow the pilot to look through the cockpit floor at night and see the world below - like something out of Terminator. "This is absolutely the cutting edge of technology. No other helmet will be able to do this. The head gear, currently at prototype stage, is being developed by Vision Systems International and Helmet Integrated Systems Limited.
    http://www.defensetech.org/archives/003846.html"
    -Gel214th
    System Specs for Tech Support:
    Puget Systems Intel i7 920|4 Gig RAM|ATI 5870|Intel G2 80GB SSD boot drive|integrated on board sound|24" 1920x1200 Monitor

Yeah I read about that in Tom Clancy's EndWar.

It would look good, sometimes bad so we should have the option to turn it on or off right?
    Die if you can't fly.

That would be a cool addition to the game.