Thread: Looking for a skin from a movie called the sky crawlers | Forums

Im looking for a skin from a movie called the sky crawlers for the p-40e or a corsair can anyone help me? the airplane looks like this

I can see the Corsair and the Focke Wulf-190 Dora or Ta-152 in that.

Looks like a cross between a Mig, a P51 and a FW.

That is one impressive movie by the way. by the guy that directed Ghost In the Shell

Originally posted by Nightshifter1:
    Looks like a cross between a Mig, a P51 and a FW.
    Indeed, I'm looking forward for the skins, really interested

Originally posted by Metatron_123:
    That is one impressive movie by the way. by the guy that directed Ghost In the Shell
    Awesome combat secuences, the Story was very interesing, but the development(anime), I think they got it wrong, I don't get those anime styles that keep the characters and sceces still for more than 10 seconds

I think theres' a kind of 'culture gap' that doesn't allow us to understand some of the subtleties of Japanese animation.

Yes, I loved the aircraft in the movie. Just awesome and well done.

I fell in love with the Sanka and Skyly . . .

Anime does have that gap, but it won't stop you from fully understanding the story.

Sky Crawlers is more a philosophical story with a drama. Its based off a book series (you could read any book and pick it up) and there's a manga (comic) series also. WII game too.

The issues covered are slavery, cloning, war as a institution / managed conflict, military industry perpetuation of war for profit etc, human behavioral implications of cloning . . .

Mamoru Oshii did a better job with Ghost in the Shell, he explored the issues through interactions of characters and 'thank you narrator' explanations.

In Sky Crawlers you have to watch it a few times then stuff starts showing up.

from the wing down r from a p51d and nose on up is from a finland plane i thing of the name of the plane is but some parts r from bf109 the 30mm cannon is from bf109 and so is the engine also

oh one more thing how can i add new fighter planes in il-2 sturmovik 1946

Applying all the available official patches gives you all official planes.

To add extra user made "non-official" planes or "mod planes" you need to go to one of the mod sites and ask there as discussion of mods is forbidden here.