Thread: 1280x720 Native WS Resolution please! (question for Dev Team) | Forums

Hi,

Could you add this resolution (1280x720) to your upcoming patch?

This is very strange that you have not included this res in to the game.. I believe that you had said that all the resolution will be supported by the game...

A very disappointed SH4 Ltd Edition owner
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

The interface is very scalable and can run in any resolution greater than 1024*768. Basically, the available screen resolutions reported by DirectX are only a restriction to the game. This means the game can run at any aspect ratio, on any monitor: 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10 etc. So, go ahead and buy the HD monitor you want, Silent Hunter 4 will make full use of it. We tested the game and looks great on 37" HD monitors.
    taken from http://silenthunter4.us.ubi.com/devdiary.php

(sigh)

Originally posted by NaKacu:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content"> The interface is very scalable and can run in any resolution greater than 1024*768. Basically, the available screen resolutions reported by DirectX are only a restriction to the game. This means the game can run at any aspect ratio, on any monitor: 4:3, 5:4, 16:9, 16:10 etc. So, go ahead and buy the HD monitor you want, Silent Hunter 4 will make full use of it. We tested the game and looks great on 37" HD monitors.
    taken from http://silenthunter4.us.ubi.com/devdiary.php

(sigh) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Thank you NaKacu... This is what exactly I'm talking about.. I bought Samsung 50 inch WS DLP TV and all I need now is the promise... they did to us that this game will run also 1280x720 res, That's the highest native res my TV supports with the right scope.

A very disappointed SH4 Ltd Edition owner

This is related to the AA (anti-aliasing) problem, I think. Increasing resolution usually means a drop in frame rate, and I'm not sure my 1600x1200 (native) monitor and my current CPU can handle that resolution.

But I would like to be able to run it in 1024x768 on my current monitor and CPU, without the guy wires on the sub looking like Morse Code signals...

If Ubi can enable both AA at lower res (scaled up to high-res on LCD's), and full res for those with uber-gaming hardware, then everyone will be happy.

I still have only Unknown Resolution being shown
    and the game screen is to the left but stretched
    in the verticle beyond the edges so,
    I can't see the buttons or whatever is down there.

Any fixes besides changing the configure files?
    I tried that and while it did fill more of the screen
    there is still a good bit of the desktop showing.

It has been patched, un and reinstalled along with all the latest drivers on my machine.
    Which surpasses the recommended performance by a good deal.

Should I force off AA or what?