Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Visitazione's secret | Forums

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 3

Assassin?s Creed Unity Arno Master Assassin CG Trailer [US]

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 2

The Assassin's Creed Experience - Comic-Con Day 1

Originally posted by petter_423:
    Really, this level is such a game spoiler for the average gamer... I have been over it at least 100 times in 3 days and now totally lost my interest on ACII
    I did it on my PC keyboard last night and it actually wasn't that hard once I got the hang of that tricky side jump. I went to another wall and just practiced it for a little while and then attempted the tomb. I don't know what platform you're on but I used my PC keyboard and I found that once Ezio is running up the wall I let go of all keys and then hit D (to jump right) and then the space bar a fraction later (to jump). I had to be quick but not super, super quick, the game does give you about a second to shift your fingers around on the keyboard. Just go practice on a random wall without time pressure and you'll be able to do it in no time.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yes this tomb is real bs. I've pretty much had a great time until this tomb. Now I'm lucky to get past the first wall jump and can't get past the second. Nice way to wreck the game experince. Can't say that I'll wast money one a sequel.

F.T.G.

This tomb SUCKS !
    ruins the whole game.
    How can I get out to continue playing elsewhere?

Originally posted by Vitus78:
    ok... i'm a casual gamer, but i have been stuck in Visitazione's secret for over 6 hours... and still can't finish it, and can't abort and try it later.... i'm bloody stuck in here....any hints or tricks... i just about ready to mail ubisoft in montreal my AC2 disc broken into tiny peices...
    this is the last time i give Ubi my money.
    Here is a really good video of this area.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4

Also my son told me to; Run up the wall, then before you fall towards the ground (and while you're still on the wall) point the left analog stick in the direction you want to go and press X. This has worked great for me no matter what the camera angle.
    Best friends make the worst enemies.

As an adult casual gamer - this is frustrating. I second what others have said. If I pay $60 to play a game -- make it possible for me to finish the thing so I can get the story line. Give an Easy or very easy setting. This section has ruined the game experience for me as well. Sure there are plenty of 'walk-throughs' to watch. But I didn't grow up playing these console games and don't have hours and hours to hone my hand eye coordination skills with inconsistent control inputs to get it down 'just right'.

This really sucks.

(I created an account just to post this message. Not like anyone cares or reads them).

Urgh.....THAT Tomb.....I hated that one most of all. I too am an adult gamer, and I got so frustrated with this tomb, if i hadn't had a friend on skype who also has the PC version who was willing to complete that tomb and collect Altair's Armor for me, I never would have got that armor, and I would have given up trying.

The time limit on that curcuit is just bloody rediculous. The Auditore tomb is just as bad, fortunately, I decided not to even atempt that one.

Sadly, said friend is now an ex-friend, has been for almost a year. I just hope i can manage the chase sequences in those romulus shrines
    "I'll cleave ya lengthwise! Maggots!" - Edward "Blackbeard" Thatch.

Originally posted by hoopman722:
    As an adult casual gamer - this is frustrating. I second what others have said. If I pay $60 to play a game -- make it possible for me to finish the thing so I can get the story line. Give an Easy or very easy setting. This section has ruined the game experience for me as well. Sure there are plenty of 'walk-throughs' to watch. But I didn't grow up playing these console games and don't have hours and hours to hone my hand eye coordination skills with inconsistent control inputs to get it down 'just right'.

This really sucks.

(I created an account just to post this message. Not like anyone cares or reads them).
    Some people do read them.

As most games go, the AC series can be played quite well by non-pro gamers, unlike others where you have to spend stupid amounts of time and have the dexterity of an octopus to get anywhere.

The only real advice I can give is keep practicing. There is no special way or cheat that will help.

It doesn't take too long to get the hang of the game and the various parts within.

I too spent hours on this, and some of the other tombs, but after many many attempts I managed to crack it. It's most rewarding when you do, I recall punching the air several times in joy!

For this particular tomb, it's almost impossible to get round on the first attempt. Mainly because the cut screen animations of the levers and the entrance eat into the overall time.

Attempt to get one lever more each time round, but continue as far as you can, practising the next section.
    This way you will get used to the mechanics of the movement and the changing camera angles, which can be tricky at first.

As for the comment about paying $60 and you think they should make the game suitable for you, well I would question that.
    In order to fully get the whole AC experience and story line, you have to spend time playing the game and learning the story. If you do not have the time to do this, then I would doubt you will take in everything in the game.

The game was made suitable for the majority, and is not actually that difficult, so to make it any easier and/or suitable for you, it would probably make it unstuitable for most others.

If you want real casual gaming, where you can turn on and just have a go, then AC probably isn't ideal. However, the multi player on AC brotherhood can be played casually.

If you want an original game with a great story, beautiful graphics, which relates to historic events then spend a bit more time with AC, it will be worth it in the end.

(just hope you read this, and it helps somewhat)

Originally posted by cptn_k:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hoopman722:

This really sucks.

Some people do read them.

As most games go, the AC series can be played quite well by non-pro gamers, unlike others where you have to spend stupid amounts of time and have the dexterity of an octopus to get anywhere.

The only real advice I can give is keep practicing. There is no special way or cheat that will help.

It doesn't take too long to get the hang of the game and the various parts within.

I too spent hours on this, and some of the other tombs, but after many many attempts I managed to crack it. It's most rewarding when you do, I recall punching the air several times in joy!

For this particular tomb, it's almost impossible to get round on the first attempt. Mainly because the cut screen animations of the levers and the entrance eat into the overall time.

Attempt to get one lever more each time round, but continue as far as you can, practising the next section.
    This way you will get used to the mechanics of the movement and the changing camera angles, which can be tricky at first.

As for the comment about paying $60 and you think they should make the game suitable for you, well I would question that.
    In order to fully get the whole AC experience and story line, you have to spend time playing the game and learning the story. If you do not have the time to do this, then I would doubt you will take in everything in the game.

The game was made suitable for the majority, and is not actually that difficult, so to make it any easier and/or suitable for you, it would probably make it unstuitable for most others.

If you want real casual gaming, where you can turn on and just have a go, then AC probably isn't ideal. However, the multi player on AC brotherhood can be played casually.

If you want an original game with a great story, beautiful graphics, which relates to historic events then spend a bit more time with AC, it will be worth it in the end.

(just hope you read this, and it helps somewhat) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I don't know how you played the game, but it really sucks on a PC keyboard. Not so much the sandbox part, but the tombs with the camera flips and sudden change of keymap controls (W changes to D etc) are maddening. The fact of the matter is that Ubisoft bleeped the migration from console to PC, leaving the PC version wanting a great deal! I managed to do all the tombs except Visitazione's Secret, because of this lame Advanced Jump thing. I can't even do the first one, and instead of wasting 3 days on this, I gave up. Not because the game sucks, but because the CONTROLS suck! And that truly is a shame.

I'm new to this blog and most of the messages are old, but I have to say I agree that there is something really wrong with the game controls here. Next to Uncharted 1 & 2 (they have superior graphics and gameplay) this was my next favourite game until now. I am not a novice player but the response to controls just sucks in this section. Most of the time Ezio leaps back into the water no matter what direction you push(L). Combined with a timing sequence that is so unrealistic considering how mant times Ezio fails to jump or swing successfully, this has to be one of my worst gaming experiences ever. This is not about being patient and practicing, its about Ubisoft making a mistake with game programing. I would like to finish the game, but I'm geting to the point of giving up (first time ever!). It's just too frustrating. I doubt I'll buy Ubisoft again - Uncharted 3 is almost here anyway. Please Ubisoft, take more care next time.

"I don't know how you played the game, but it really sucks on a PC keyboard. Not so much the sandbox part, but the tombs with the camera flips and sudden change of keymap controls (W changes to D etc) are maddening. The fact of the matter is that Ubisoft bleeped the migration from console to PC, leaving the PC version wanting a great deal! I managed to do all the tombs except Visitazione's Secret, because of this lame Advanced Jump thing. I can't even do the first one, and instead of wasting 3 days on this, I gave up. Not because the game sucks, but because the CONTROLS suck! And that truly is a shame."

I agree with all the above, It is a brilliant game, but these tech-jumps are too twitchy on the PC... Ubisoft, how about a decent patch to sort this issue?

I've done all the tombs but for Vistaziones secret. I am struggling (& often losing patience with it.... Why is the game not designed to save each time you manage to reach a lever? Sometimes I manage to get to 2 levers (horizontal bars) but usually run out of time. After several failed attempts at this, I log off & take a break - when I return to the game I have to start the timed bar routine right from the start - GRRRRRRR, irritating!!! Before anyone says it... YES, I have practised my jumps in a safe, non-stressed location. At least the game should be save options so I can return back to where I left off without losing my progress.

Stop press....I've gone & done it!
    I found out that when doing a vertical jump, you need to redirect (in mid-air) the assassin dude just before repressing the jump button. Yep it really works...now feel silly for moaning in the first place I've now completed all the Missions, got all the seals & solved the glyph puzzles - just the feathers to go

64bit PC, 6 core processor, windows 7, controller: gamepad type
    Malk al-haq,

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast