Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Thread: Silent Hunter III on Windows 7 | Forums

Someone, anyone, help me!

I have decided to re-install silent hunter 3 on my WINDOWS 7 (64-bit) PC, and updated to the latest patch... or so i thought, reading through other posts somebody explained how to check to see what version their silent hunter lll game was. after updating, restarting, and re-checking, it seems my SHlll is stuck on version: 1.0.0.1 and there seems to be no way around it. normally i wouldn't care, but this is the next step im taking as my pc seems to be unable to play the game at all due to the error at the top of this page. please somebody help me because i really love this game and it would be a shame to have to get rid of it...

yours truly;
    Ben
    thank you for reading.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

i did everything as you instructed, yet i'm still getting error message "must be windows 95...etc" or whatever it says, really confused now :/ and thanks for the help so far

I know its probably stupid but i really dont understand step 10 of this fix. "overwrite file..." Could anybody help me?
    Cheers

If you can get your hands on an old copy of XP, you can play shiii on VMware Player, so long as your computer has enough specs to for virtualization. I tried on Parallels, and Virtualbox, but both of those did not work. Somehow VMware is able to meet graphic card requirements, whereas other two could not.

hi im having the same problem could some one help me please as im not very good with computers lol

hello there
    I have just installed win 7 and tes sh3 will not work,
    I think it as some thing to do with starforce witch keeps comeing up,.
    it saying it as loaded ok you must do a restart and that is all it keeps doing,
    I seen once a new sh3 without starforce but I dont know were it was.

Hi this is the first time i use the SH 4 forum and i would like to ask a few questions can anyone help me find some answers? perhaps i can help too
    u

Hello mate i think that i may have the answer to your problem.Same thing happened to me and here is what i did if you have a computer that has windows XP then you can play SH3 without any trouble however trying it ON WINDOWS 7 that is a problem so i suggest you create a partition on your disk and have a second OPERATING SYSTEM so that you can play all Silent hunters

hello i have silent hunter the installation goes well but i cant run the game on windows 7 it says error * this application can be lauched with a release version of microsoft windows 95 osr2 xp server 2003 only could you help me to find a way to run the game

Can someone just post the solution from the German site?....

I have the same issue and would like to have the answer as well. Feel free to PM me, but I don't see why the solution hasn't been posted here...

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast