Originally posted by BLITZKRIEG4590:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by TonyJF:
I tried to get SH3 running on Windows 7 Enterprise with 1.4 patch and got the Star Force incompatibility error and request to reboot every time to run the game due to copy protection check. Updated the files for the No DVD patch and then got the issue with the crash after the red bar complete prior to memory display.
I have got it working by doing these steps.
1. Uninstall SH3
2. Run SFRemove
4. Begin installation of SH3 as normal
5. When you get to Game Shadow cancel install
6. When you get to finish screen DO NOT press Finish. This seems crucial!
7. Install the 1.4 EU DVD patch with Run As Admin
8. ONLY after 7 has completed hit finish and the launcher screen runs to check system spec and reboot message appears. DO NOT reboot.
9. Exit spec check. DO NOT choose Launch.
10. Overwrite the files with the NO DVD rld-sh14.rar
11. Run the game. Should now work.
I didn't do any DirectX patch or amend anything for Run As Administrator or compatibility with SH3.exe. No change to main.cfg either.
Dual Core AMD
Windows 7 Enterprise
1280 x 1024 resolution