Originally posted by Maverick_U2007:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by goes211:
Got it working in windows 7 using a combination of the methods here, mostly the first one.
1. Use the posted removal tool for starforce
NB for some reason, starforce wasn't installed on my machine =)
2. Find and unzip Silent Hunter 3 v1.4b [ENGLISH] No-DVD/Fixed EXE
3. Install SH3 and exit before running the game cos it'll crash
4. Patch the game for v1.4 DVD euro version, there's a link on subsim.com,
NB this is different to the file called up in step 2!
5. Copy and paste the unziped files from step 2 into the game directory
6. Delete the desktop short cut and create a new short cut to desktop from the game directory
7. Start the game
It should work, if not try switching steps 4&5
If it still doesn't work, I'll make a more detaild post.
Also, it plays in a funny resolution. I've seen a post here that provides a direct x fix
MY GAME CRASHES WITH IT
Im sure it's because I'm doing something wrong, I can't seem to edit the .cfg file and save it back as a .cfg file, it becomes a text file as I've to use note pad to open it.
Can anyone suggest a work around?
ALso I've not installed any of the add-on packs, will they work now I've done stage 5? Hint hint?
Many thanks for all your help!