Thread: Mission 4 BUG, cannot continue | Forums

Far Cry Classic Launch Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon - The year is 2007, it is the future

Far Cry 3 - Deluxe Bundle Trailer [UK]

Far Cry 3 Outpost App [UK]

In mission 4 there is a !!!BUG!!! You are told to blow up an Arsenal, however, sometimes even if you have the Keycard and Explosives, the door will not open. If you head off to try to bypass this objective, the Great God of Choppers appears above you, shoots once, you die instantly, start mission over. To reload this parameter into the mission scripting you need to at least be before the point where you are handed the objective. You may need to restart the mission.

I have played thru this mission many times and never gotten the arsenal open or destroyed. Why can't I just use a grenade? Why does every game have to rely on buggy hard coded storyline scripting?

Clay
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

In mission 4 there is a !!!BUG!!! You are told to blow up an Arsenal, however, sometimes even if you have the Keycard and Explosives, the door will not open. If you head off to try to bypass this objective, the Great God of Choppers appears above you, shoots once, you die instantly, start mission over. To reload this parameter into the mission scripting you need to at least be before the point where you are handed the objective. You may need to restart the mission.

I have played thru this mission many times and never gotten the arsenal open or destroyed. Why can't I just use a grenade? Why does every game have to rely on buggy hard coded storyline scripting?

Clay

This is the Pier level, right?

If I remember correctly you don't need the keycard. It's only for getting the weapons out of the caged area. All you have to do is waltz in and plant the bombs into the crates or barrels or something and run out. Haven't had any bugs in that level.

It is an occasional bug on this level. And I notice that some other doors have mysteriously become stuck for no real reason. Just won't open anymore. It could be when an NPC dies on a door that the bug may appear. Not a problem unless it is an objective.

In the case of "The Pier", I needed to restart the level to get the Arsenal door to open. Then I was allowed to leave the base area.

If this happens to you, don't waste your time trying to replay from the last save. You need to restart the mission level to reload this scripting parameter.

-Clay

I had this problem too. though slightly different in that I got access when I first tried however having left to go find the keycard the door became stuck. It stayed like this until I restarted from my 2nd last auto save which was just after the watchtower ( I never bothered about the keycard that time)
    If it wisnae fur yer wellies where wid ye be