Thread: Chicago Gamers Convention | Forums

Anyone have any idea why there seems to be no gamers conventions in Chicago? It's like, why did they do another TV show in NY (CSI doesn't make sense). I've done BETA testing and Video Game Focus Groups, but have yet to be made aware of anything more. Is it because it's just too **** Windy?

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I feel you. I know they have a midwest classic gaming convention in Milwaukee (I know Milwaukee , not Chicago). I heard its fun with the trades and playing classic arcades. Hey, at least we have wizard world convention (comic guy also).

Yeah, I hate that. Who wants to go to Milwaukee? Ryo, can you say Roadtrip?

At least you don't live in Hawaii. Up until a month ago I was living in Hawaii.

Twitter: @KimiMatsuzaki

Tropical beauty... Game convention.. I don't know, Kimi, I think Hawaii comes out on top.

"Insanity runs in my family ... It practically gallops."

<span class="ev_code_PINK">*gasps*</span> What kind of gamer are you!? Beauty over gaming? NEVAR!

Seriously though, although Hawaii is beautiful, it gets to be pretty boring after twentysumthing years. It's an island....it's not like I can just drive to Reno or anything like that.

What about setting up a gaming convention or something like that in Hawaii. I've been thinking about setting something up like that in Michigan.

*Everyone needs to drop the haterade and show some love with my foot up your *ss,

Honestly I just don't think there are enough hard core gamers in Hawaii. The only really hard core base in Hawaii are Korean CS players

That, and it's probably pretty expensive to ship equipment and stuff over the sea. That's the main reason why the WWE never made an appearance in Hawaii until a couple of years ago. And even then, I think the Rock was a big push in getting them to Hawaii since he has quite a few relatives here. But, I digress.

I'm sure if there are some clubs in Hawaii gets together and start a grass-root movement of forming competitions or convention it would grow.

"If you build it, they will come"

*Everyone needs to drop the haterade and show some love with my foot up your *ss,

Thank you Kevin Costner. j/p Steel.
    - = You can't hit what you can't see = -