1. Install Complete Chronicles (CC) to your C: drive.
-- a. Be certain that CC saves its game progress files to your C: drive.
2. Start CC from a fresh boot.
-- a. Reboot, log into Windows, and close all open applications.
-- b. Disable all anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs running in the background.
----- 1. Do NOT forget to re-enable your anti-virus/spyware/adware/pop-up programs after finished playing CC.
-- c. If you have only a software firewall, do NOT disable it.
-- d. Do NOT run any other programs before starting CC.
3. Never boot up with a CD or DVD in the disc drive.
4. If the CC disc autostarts when inserted into the drive, cancel back to the Desktop.
5. Always start CC with the Desktop shortcut/start icon, NOT from the CD menu.
1. Do you have CC on discs, or is it an electronic download?
-- a. If it's a download, from which service?
2. Which operating system are you running?
-- a. If it's Win XP, which Service Pack do you have installed (SP1, SP2, or SP3)?
-- b. If it's Win 7, do you have Home Premium, Professional, or Ultimate?
----- 1. Have you installed Win 7 SP1?
-- c. Whichever the OS, is it 32-bit or 64-bit?
3. Within the past week, have you downloaded and installed the latest drivers (video, sound, mouse/touchpad) for your system?
4. Within the past week, have you run Windows Update and installed at least the Critical Updates?
5. What is the exact wording of the Macromedia error message?
-- a. Do you get this error message with Avast! on or off?
6. Other than with CC, have you had any program installation problems?
7. Have you recently had any problems reading discs or installing programs from discs?
8. Did the "another computer with different video and audio" also have Avast! installed?
-- a. If not Avast!, which anti-virus software was installed?
-- b. Did you attempt the CC installation with that resident antivirus software enabled or disabled?