Thread: Pilot Profile Picture | Forums

I noticed a page that displays the pilot's profile which includes a black and white photo of the selected campaign pilot. It made me laugh to see the face (not because the real individual has anything wrong with his looks!); but, for us who use our own name within the game play, is there a way to scan our own photo and place it in the game for display when a campaign pilot is selected for play?
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I noticed a page that displays the pilot's profile which includes a black and white photo of the selected campaign pilot. It made me laugh to see the face (not because the real individual has anything wrong with his looks!); but, for us who use our own name within the game play, is there a way to scan our own photo and place it in the game for display when a campaign pilot is selected for play?

README
    IL-2: Forgotten Battles. V.1.0

8. Replacing faces in Campaign mode

If you wish to see your own face in the pilot roster under your record, simply replace the stock "Photo.bmp" located in the DGen subfolder of your Forgotten Battles installation. The image should be 192x256 pixels in size, and have Windows palette 256 colors. It does not have to be black and white.
    If you wish to change faces of your squadmates, replace the numbered bitmaps under the corresponding country folder. These bitmaps should also be 192x256 pixels, Windows palette 256 colors. While that's not required, when replacing other pilot skins you should also update the corresponding pilot skin in the \PaintSchemes\Pilots subfolder. If you don't do that, the correct face will show up in pilot roster, however in the game engine the pilot will still keep the old face.

Thank you steve_v. I did not specify which game I had. Would this be the same for Pacific Fighters?

Again, thanks for the help!