Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: color wheel from spire | Forums

I saw the color wheel and I took a picture and copied the colors. But when it came to install colors in the old memory chamber it didn't work.
    This is the third time. I started a new game and did it over again, like I said three times and the same thing. the colors that I took from spire
    didn't work. I was careful in each case to complete game. can anybody give me a clue to get it to work
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Welcome to Myst 4 forums.

Remember that every time you quit the game, the color are re-setted.

For additionnal infos plus one image check this next post...click here

if the colors are reset every time is saved the game. What do I have to correct, go back to spire and get another set of colors at don't save?

Yes you will have to go back to the elevator with the medaillon to check the colors again...and do the door puzzle before quiting the game.

Note that there are two elevators in Spire and it will depend where you left the one with the medaillon. (up or down)

I WENT BACK INTO SPIRE AND GOT THE NEW COLORS
    WITHOUT SAVING GAME I WENT BACK AND OPENED UP THE COLOR WHEEL IN OLD MEMORY. STILL THE SAME THING IT DIDN'T WORK, I DO NOT KNOW WHAT IS WRONG BECAUSE THINK I FOLLOWED THE WALKTHROUGH VERY CAREFULLY. I AM AT A LOSS. MAYBE THIS IS MY END
    OF MY GAME

The only way we could tell for sure would be for you to show us two screenshot images.

One for the medaillon and one of the completed color marbles of the door just before clicking the power button after you have finished placing the marbles.

Edited with new info:

I have checked some images on the net and it looks like that on some computers/video cards the "yellow color" on the amulet/medaillon looks like a lime color.

I just replayed that puzzle (last time: many years ago) and found it was very easy to make a mistake due to colors being different.
    (especially yellow/lime and magenta/purple/pink)

Here is a link to a composite & successful image of an amulet and door marbles.
    (notice that my marbles are in the same order as on the amulet)...
    http://i54.tinypic.com/2ujh3cn.jpg

Users/martinkodila/Desktop/Picture 1.png
    /Users/martinkodila/Desktop/Picture 2.png
    I do know if you got the pictures of my color wheel because I have never done this before

To be able to show images, you need to use a free image hosting site like ImageShack or TinyPic or Photobucket so you may get a URL link to your image.

You also could try to tell us what are the colors on your amulet and about each combination you made for each color but that could be hard since you might have other names for your colors.

To get to those hosting sites try making a Google search.

Edited:
    A quote that could be of help...
    Originally posted by realXCV:
    If you open a save game that is before the first time you opened the medallion (if you opened it at least once), opening it will generate a new code which won't work with your current game. You should go directly to Spire, open the medallion and take a picture. Then, go back to the door and use that code.

You can also use Revelation Editor to see your current code or to generate a new one.

If you never opened the medallion, the default code is red-red-red-red-red-red.

seratan [FLASH_VIDEO]

I tried to do what you said but I am not a computer expert.I put in url and as you can see
    nothing happened. For some reason or other I don't think I made a mistake on the colors. It has been a frustrated time for me.If went through the whole game 4 times now and did all the puzzles without any trouble and to come to this simple thing like to transfer the colors from the medalion to the wheel. Maybe it has to
    do with my computer. I have a mac with leopard
    10.5.8 installed. When I bought this game I had tiger and went through the game without a hitch
    even the color wheel. Now there seems to be no answer to the cause of this.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast