Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: SH4 Complete Packaging & Shipping Info! [Updated 3/28] | Forums

Originally posted by John_W_IXB:
    hi im new user here, i would like to know you said the premier package

US/Canada Packaging
    $49.99
    Can be purchased from official Ubistore and major US/Canada Retailers and online stores
    Available only for a limited time, no other versions available in US/Canada until time runs out

* Premium Packaging
    * 100+ page manual including reference material
    * Fold-out historical map of the Pacific theater
    * Fold out ship recognition poster
    * Quick Reference Card
    * 1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 0/All

will this package be availblle at retail stores like EB games, bestbuy, futureshop etc.. in Canada??
    All Canadian purchasers should be aware that it appears that the Canadian edition only contains the DVD and a 45 page manual.

None of the bonus material (Map, keycard, Documentary, 100 page manual, recognition poster, reference card) is included and the price is higher than stated.

I have already registered my concerns with ubisoft support.

JCC

Same Canadian experience here. I pre-ordered from EB Games on the basis of the limited time special packaging. I feel rather ripped off because of the missing materials. If I'd known it was going to be standard packaging I would have waited a few months for the bugs to be worked out and the price to come down.

I've also submitted an email to Ubi Support. Not sure if it'll do any good but perhaps if enough people complain the short comings will be addressed.

Well... I just got a response from "Jason" at Ubisoft.

"Thank you for contacting Ubi Soft Technical Support. Unfortunately, Technical Support does not have any access to ordering information. To order any Ubi Soft product, or for information about release dates, please visit our online store at http://store.ubi.com/."

He then changed my problem to "Solved"

Beginning to think we may have to persue this through a number of complaints to Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada, for a Misleading Advertising Investigation.

But first lets see what AudibleKnight comes up with.

JCC

I got the same blurb PLUS:

"The Limited Edition that you are describing is only available in Europe, and has never been advertised as being available in North America. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

which was also, from "Jason" and my ticked was also flagged as "Solved". I had included a link to this thread in my email. This thread is what prompted me to pre-order because it very explicitly says in the first post the US/Canada version would include the DVD, etc, where as when I looked into ordering the super deluxe edition it was supposedly UK only and a Region 2 DVD. So what gives? I agree that we've been seriously mislead.

Anyway, I doubt we'll get any satisfaction from Ubi. A real explanation, an apology and a rebate would be nice. In the meantime, I *will* be telling my friends to hold off buying this game until it hits the $20 CDN price mark. That's what SH3 is currently selling for and I don't see SH4 being worth the extra $40 from my initial impressions.

Rick

" "The Limited Edition that you are describing is only available in Europe, and has never been advertised as being available in North America. Thank you for your understanding in this matter." "

That is not true. The contents in the box is stated on their website and in this 'Official' form. And I got the same content as you other Canadians: 1 dvd disk and 1 english/french manual, nothing else. I bought mine at Best Buy here in Toronto. The spine of the case even has a multi disc logo. Man we got screwed so bad.

Shunter

This reply is almost comical.

Look at the top of this page for the link...

"Buy Silent Hunter: Wolves of the Pacific now! US/Canada version"

When you click the link you get the full feature list.

As well, from what I can determine, the bonus material is available in the US.

Time to check in with AudibleKnight...

JCC

Originally posted by John_W_IXB:
    hi im new user here, i would like to know you said the premier package

US/Canada Packaging
    $49.99
    Can be purchased from official Ubistore and major US/Canada Retailers and online stores
    Available only for a limited time, no other versions available in US/Canada until time runs out

* Premium Packaging
    * 100+ page manual including reference material
    * Fold-out historical map of the Pacific theater
    * Fold out ship recognition poster
    * Quick Reference Card
    * 1-hour of WWII-era documentary footage about U.S. submarines from Periscope Films on a Bonus DVD (Region 0/All

will this package be availblle at retail stores like EB games, bestbuy, futureshop etc.. in Canada??
    I bought at EB only 42 pgs manual thats it.

Hello everyone. I have been investigating the issue. here is what I found in a nice Q&A format:

1. What? I can't find the Limited Time Edition with the premium packaging, large manual, fold out map and recognition manual, quick reference card, and documentary DVD in any of my local Canadian retail stores!
    Yes that is correct. Unfortunately, the Limited Time Edition is NOT available in Canadian retail stores.

2. So what about that information that you posted in this thread earlier?
    At the time I had posted this information, I was told that it was all true. Unfortunately, I've found out now that was not the case. I apologize for sharing this incorrect information, but that is what I was told at the time.

3. So what is in the packaging in the Canadian retail stores?
    From what I've been told, this package only contains the game disk, and English and French Canadian manuals.

4. So if I live in Canada, where can I purchase the limited time edition?
    Canadians who want to purchase the Limited Time Edition may purchase it in the US Ubi Store.

5. Bonus material is listed right on the box of the package I bought, but it was not actually inside the packaging! What's going on?
    If bonus material is listed on the box (but was not in the package), then the retailer received the US version and is responsible for providing a complete copy of the game, not Ubisoft.

6. I'm very angry about this whole issue! Where can I voice my anger about this?
    I completely understand that you would be very angry and frustrated if you were in this situation. Unfortunately, I cannot do anything further to help. Please go to Ubisoft Customer Support as that is the best place to let your voices be heard on this matter.

Once again, I apologize for this misinformation and any frustration this has caused. When I posted this information, I was told that it was true. If you have any further questions, please relate that to Ubisoft Customer Support. Thank you.

Not good enough.

Not only have you posted this BUT it is still on the web-link at the top of the Forum main-page.

I guess this is a case of Misleading Advertising for Consumer and Corporate Affairs Canada.

JCC

And as far as going to Ubisoft Customer Support I really wouldn't bother. You will receive a form e-mail saying that Orders aren't their problem and they will switch your complain to "Solved". If you post an update to the question they don't even answer, they just ignore you and change it back to "Solved".

As soon as I get the appropriate Federal Government Department contact information for a Misleading Advertising investigation I will post them.

JCC

Oh... and you might want to take another look at your sig. In light of this it would seem somewhat inappropriate.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast