Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Cannot connect to Uplay from my Xbox 360 | Forums

whizzy, have you attempted to connect again? if you are still having problems please contact support.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Yes Ubi-Mush,in fact every time i start the game i first try uplay several times. Also reset of router and modem, opening ports i foundmentioned besides the xbox ports etc.
    Judging on what i see and read on this forum I am wondering what good it would do to contact support. I see this problem is being mentioned for months both here and according to the posts to support, reaction on it on the forum is contact support (understandable) but reaction from support appearantly is "we know of nothing bugged so we do nothing"

Nothing personal, I don't blame you for it but it makes me seriously wonder (seeing there are already 2 sequels out) if contacting support would have any positive influence on your company finding a fix.

How about forum support trying to get tech support taking this serious (maybe show them the topics posted here so they realise how long this already takes) so your customers are asured that a fix indeed is being in progress, maybe then it's usefull to send in a support ticket.

thanks for your reply anyways

Please be aware I have notified Support of this thread as it appeared.

These issues however, could be for a number of reasons, which is why we ask you contact Support directly so they can walk you through troubleshooting and also have an idea of the number of people this is affecting.

If you have a ticket with support and your issue is not solved, update this ticket by adding more information so they are aware the issue still stands.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

Cool, then the forum mods (managers/admins) here do what forum mods on other gaming sites don't. I don't know if they also inform you if they also have followed your redirect to these topics but if you say they definitely know of the issue I take your word for it.

Have therefore send a support ticket with reference 111229-001498 stating the following
    Customer m*** v** d** L*** via CSS Web 12/29/2011 19:04
    I only have AC2 so don't know if it would work with other uplay games but uplay is not working with AC2
    forwarded ports for xbox: 80 (tcp) 88 (udp) 3074 (both udp and tcp) and 53 (also both udp and tcp)
    connection check in xbox gives me green on everything, no NAT restrictions
    The only thing i was able to do was create an uplay account, after that i got the "unable to retrieve...." message
    trying it again every time i play AC2 but everytime it is a nog go
    now and then in the beginning the U logo for an achievement popped up and when checking trough pc connection on the site i got some achievements done but are unable to retrieve them
    Using: Latest model Xbox360 (MFR date 2011-05-05) Netgear WNR3500 V2 router, Ubee EVM3200 Ethernet Modem.
    (and in case it has impact on the xbox which i doubt) Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit fully updated, Windows Security Essentials for AV and Firewall.

Please fix this, according to the uplay and ubi forums this is going on for a long time already and i really want my themes and extra content.

Email Address
    *****@live.nl
    Reference Number
    111229-001498
    Status
    Unresolved
    Created
    12/29/2011 19:04
    Updated
    12/29/2011 19:04
    Product
    Xbox 360
    Assassin's Creed 2
    Category
    Uplay Service
    Bar Code

Uplay not working on Assassins Creed 2 xbox

Can't find the topic anymore i originaly posted in so making a new one.
    I promised Ubi_Mush (? correct name I hope) to post my conversation with support. Others that have the AC2/Uplay problem might post there experience as well so hopefully Ubisoft will deal with this problem.

My original support ticket:
    Customer ****** via CSS Web 12/29/2011 19:04
    I only have AC2 so don't know if it would work with other uplay games but uplay is not working with AC2
    forwarded ports for xbox: 80 (tcp) 88 (udp) 3074 (both udp and tcp) and 53 (also both udp and tcp)
    connection check in xbox gives me green on everything, no NAT restrictions
    The only thing i was able to do was create an uplay account, after that i got the "unable to retrieve...." message
    trying it again every time i play AC2 but everytime it is a nog go
    now and then in the beginning the U logo for an achievement popped up and when checking trough pc connection on the site i got some achievements done but are unable to retrieve them
    Using: Latest model Xbox360 (MFR date 2011-05-05) Netgear WNR3500 V2 router, Ubee EVM3200 Ethernet Modem.
    (and in case it has impact on the xbox which i doubt) Windows 7 Ultimate 32bit fully updated, Windows Security Essentials for AV and Firewall.

Please fix this, according to the uplay and ubi forums this is going on for a long time already and i really want my themes and extra content.

Following conversation

Customer ***** via CSS Web 01/05/2012 20:41
    Don't know why but I could enter the family crypt yesterday while before that I got an "Uplay needed" message
    however when trying to enter Uplay using the start screen I still get the "unable to retrieve information" message.

It has been a week now since I posted the initial question, anyone answering maybe?

Response UK Technical Support via Email 01/07/2012 21:22
    Hello martin

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Assassin's Creed 2.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)

We do apologise but we have been having some server issues, but these have now been resolved.

Please try again.

Kind regards,
    Ubisoft Technical Support

Customer **** via CSS Web 01/10/2012 11:58
    Thanks for your reply

I tryed again, several times. Still the same issue. I also removed and re-entered my router settings, did a neww network setup with my xBox, re did the connectivity test, bought High grade cable's.
    Nothing seems to work and i think personally (but who am I, I am not a developer) that it is not a server but a game issue (the particular beta build of uPlay present in AC2)

I know that I am just a gamer (although I am already a gamer since pong came out ) but might i present you with a suggestion that would bypass all of this trouble people have with the ingame connectivity. I don't have a PS3 but I do know that xBox360 works with those so called "apps". Would it be an idea to have this uPlay app as a standalone downloadable app for the xbox where people can go for all there uPlay enabled games without the need of starting up that game just to download a Theme or avatar item? Just a thought, I would be willing to be a beta tester for such an app. (I would be willing to beta test regardless what game or app connected to gaming tbh )

Kind regards

Martin

Response Fred S. via Email 01/11/2012 19:33
    Hello martin

Thank you for contacting Ubisoft Technical Support regarding Assassin's Creed 2.

In order to respond to this email, please update this incident (Please do not create a new incident)
    Thank you for the information provided.
    There are several causes possible. I could read that you have a netgear router. Could you please check if the router did have its latest firmware updates.
    next to that I would like to suggest to contact your internet service provider.
    It does sometimes happen that out of security reason, ISP's do close some ports.

If you contact the provider you are able to confirm if there are ports on their servers closed.

If you have any further queries or issues please do not hesitate to contact us again and we will assist you further.

Kind Regards,
    Fred
    Ubisoft Technical Support.

Customer ***** via CSS Web 01/12/2012 01:14
    Hi

My ISP only blocks on port 25 unless it's the mailserver, for the rest they do not block anything nor do they throttle bandwidth.
    Yes the Netgear had the latest firmware. Have changed my router to a Sitecom with latest firmware and correctly forwarding, no result.

Can you give me the uPlay server IP so i can ping it to check how my connection is?

Martin
    (waiting for response on this one)

Couldn't find this topic at first so made a new one (used the " Find latest posts" link in my profile it said no posts found)
    http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php...93#post8103893
    My conversation with support is posted there and will be updated accordingly

I have merged your new thread with this one.

Couple of things to try if you haven't already;

1) Clear the Xbox 360's cache- in dashboard scroll to the right.
    2) Put router in DMZ- again in dashboard change Xbox 360's IP address to manual, then input the Xbox 360's IP address in the DMZ settings of the router.
    Ubisoft UK Forum Manager

Technical Support
    Twitter Support
    Facebook Support

that happend yo me i hate it!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ubi-Mush View Post
    I have merged your new thread with this one.

Couple of things to try if you haven't already;

1) Clear the Xbox 360's cache- in dashboard scroll to the right.
    2) Put router in DMZ- again in dashboard change Xbox 360's IP address to manual, then input the Xbox 360's IP address in the DMZ settings of the router.
    Cleared cache, made manual ip settings, put in DMZ setting, rebooted router and modem, rebooted pc and xbox360
    unable to retrieve information from the server............ so nothing changed really

I really believe your trying to help here Ubi-Mush but clearly the problem is not on my end but in the used beta build for AC2, why is it so hard for Ubi to admit this to us and come with either a patch or a standalone app so people can actualy get the stuff they played for

Quote Originally Posted by whizzy View Post
    Cleared cache, made manual ip settings, put in DMZ setting, rebooted router and modem, rebooted pc and xbox360
    unable to retrieve information from the server............ so nothing changed really

I really believe your trying to help here Ubi-Mush but clearly the problem is not on my end but in the used beta build for AC2, why is it so hard for Ubi to admit this to us and come with either a patch or a standalone app so people can actualy get the stuff they played for
    Agreed. I got this game in july of last year and uplay has never worked for me. I was pretty PO'ed about it. I do however get my uplay points for acheivments in the game. Makes no sense. Guess i wont buy anymore ubisoft games. I pretty much wasted my money.

Mine says Error loading informationfrom the Uplay service. Returning to game
    Last edited by JSCOT123; 01-15-2012 at 11:39 PM.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast