Thread: Tactics as USSR or USA | Forums

I can play as pretty much any faction on R.U.S.E. but the USSR and USA do not seem to have a solid tactic against any faction.
    USA- only truly good units are the Pershing, M19 and P-51 which is an expensive force to trot out, does not provide for early game and has to act defensive.
    USSR- only good units are the upgraded infantry, planes are useless, (even the Sturmovik will be easily taken by AA), AA is useless, tanks are slow to produce if they are any good...

France also needs good AA, any ideas, I can't just spam camels (but that's my only issue with them.
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

Get barracks get $5 willy's....get some rangers put them in towns aswell. Also you have chaffees. The American M15 carro, same speed same armour same attack strentgh. The stuart is good for depot harrasment. Lee is good for earily game for destroying enemy light tanks, or maybe earily mediums but usually better to upgrade to Shermans which are all around good tank.

USA is the best counter faction in the game, they have one of the best tanks with HE (Lee) one of the fastest tank withs Italy (chaffee) have the fastest heavy tanks, their airfield units grasshopper and warhawk build faster then every other plane in the game (every plane recon takes 11 seconds grasshopper takes 6 seconds, the warkhawk builds as fast as an ishak taking 11 seconds instead of 15 seconds)

The thunderbolt has the damage of an me109 able to take on earily fighters and tanks at the same time. They have the most effective earily AA. Cheapest wood AA being $10 bofor and insanely cheap $15 quad cannon M16. They have the only armoured artillary in the game aswell.

I could go on and on but USA is best faction ingame, best being the easiest to play that is. Thats why it is considered OP. Has some of the best all around units being cheaper and faster to build but better then over factions.
    Don't pray for an easy life. Pray to be a strong person

Originally posted by AverageSoldier:
    They have the only armoured artillary in the game aswell.
    Erm Britain gets a Sexton which is basically a Priest. The main reason armored arty has an appearance is because when you're fighting arty vs. arty being a tank helps out alot.
    This is everyone in the PC forum

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qpMvS1Q1sos

Originally posted by Warforger:
    <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AverageSoldier:
    They have the only armoured artillary in the game aswell.
    Erm Britain gets a Sexton which is basically a Priest. The main reason armored arty has an appearance is because when you're fighting arty vs. arty being a tank helps out alot. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yes but instead of sextons supporting the 'incredible' British ground, the Priest (which also requires not research) is supporting actual tanks.

I rarely have then chance to get sextons as the Brits, priests always appear as an American.