Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Thread: Black screen on startup unofcial fix | Forums

Launch trailer - Might & Magic® X Legacy [UK]

Might & Magic X - Legacy - 4 New Classes Speed Painting trailer [UK]

Might and Magic X Legacy - The Gameplay trailer [UK]

Might & Magic X Legacy -- The Open Dev starts! [EUROPE]

For everyone's information here is the response I finally received from Ubisoft:

"Unfortunately, this game is not supported for use on laptops, as indicated in the minimum requirements listed on the bottom of the game's box and on our FAQ. You can try updating the drivers for your video card with the laptop manufacturer which may resolve the problem, but we will be unable to provide further assistance with running the game on unsupported hardware configurations. The only official recommendation that we can make would be for you to install and play the game on a system that does meet all of those minimum requirements. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

How utterly disappointing as a fan and owner of every Might and Magic game. I've never heard of a game being unusable on laptops...
    Reply With Quote Reply With Quote

I did Fix 2 with the registry change now it made everything worse and other games stoped working.

what was the origonal value to change it back to?

Hey guys.

I had the same trouble of you all, did all the steps before and it didnt work. I'm playing in a laptop and finally found a solution for my problem. Hope it works with you.

- Go to "start" and execute regedit.exe.
    - Go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CURRENTCONTROLSET\CONTRO L\GraphicsDrivers.
    - Right click and create into this "folder" a REG_DWORD value named "TdrLevel" 0000.
    - Restart and launch the game.

Could someone re-upload the bug fix files on mediafire? Thank you!

Quote Originally Posted by classoftech247 View Post
    Could someone re-upload the bug fix files on mediafire? Thank you!
    this would be much appriciated i just got the game for my parrents and found this issue hasnt been fixed yet, ubi you are really letting people down releaseing a game that crashes on start up.

anywho i whent to download the patch and it is not their. and it appears as if the download violates the mediafire agreement, oh and the site about the reg files has gone down aswell.

for resubmittion can we get a updated thread aswell, it will be a pain to find the new files if this gets much longer.

i would like to note this game appears to not auto update, common ubi you cant expect your average joe to go hunting to figure what version they have and how to get the latest update. 1.4 is out now and game still isnt running.
    Last edited by NeuPanda; 06-23-2012 at 11:54 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Yosh303 View Post
    For everyone's information here is the response I finally received from Ubisoft:

"Unfortunately, this game is not supported for use on laptops, as indicated in the minimum requirements listed on the bottom of the game's box and on our FAQ. You can try updating the drivers for your video card with the laptop manufacturer which may resolve the problem, but we will be unable to provide further assistance with running the game on unsupported hardware configurations. The only official recommendation that we can make would be for you to install and play the game on a system that does meet all of those minimum requirements. Thank you for your understanding in this matter."

How utterly disappointing as a fan and owner of every Might and Magic game. I've never heard of a game being unusable on laptops...
    I would agree with this statemnet. I have never seen a game that didnt have support for laptops. And FYI Tech Support, I bought the game from Gamefly and nowhere on their minimum requirements page does it say not compatible with Laptops, at least none that I could find. I purchased it to play on my laptop and when I found that it didn't work I started researching and thats when I saw the website that they were not tested with laptop graphics cards. How can you release a product that hasn't been fully tested and then say its only compatible with a specific list of graphics cards. That is total BS and you need to get some better QA and Beta testers before you launch another game titel cuz this screams Class Action Lawsuit.

Hello,

I bough a license of MMH6 today:
    Order Date: 26/08/12, 06:20 CDT
    Order Number: 18674473524

After few minutes of playing the game crush my system and I have to restart. (I tried 10 times to play and even set the graphics to Low and the same problem appear).

Intel(R) Core(TM) i5 CPU 750 @ 2.67Ghz
    8Gb Ram
    Windows 7 64 bit
    Nvidia GeForce GT220 (all drivers up to date)

I read all kind of similar complaints on your forum so I guess this problem is well known by your company and you are still selling this game.
    I’m a simple computer user so ideas like uninstall the game and edit registers is not for me.

Please try to explain why you are still selling the game if it is not working and have the decency to refund my purchase.
    Please reply so I can uninstall this useless game and you can delete my license.

Thank you,
    Claudiu

After I tried all the bugfixes in this thread - well, at least those that do not need files that are no longer hosted and no one cares to repost - I still can't play. A black screen and a gauntlet is all I get for my money and the countless hours invested.

I do thank the Heroes community for all the efforts to help out those in need, which cannot be said for Ubisoft though. I am utterly disgusted about how this is handled and about the staggering lack of customer care and competence.

The higher the price, the better the teacher they say. Well, I guess Ubisoft was a good teacher then. I can at least thank them for teaching me how to avoid such a waste of precious ressources in the future. Heroes of MIght and Magic as well as other Ubisoft Games are no longer welcome here.

Good Bye.

KGC-000

P.S.: I did not bother posting specs here as I do not see how this would be of any help, looking at the outcome of this thread.

Did new upload and game stopped working

Get back the money

Outrage to Ubisoft. If someone is able to get back the money, write to us, how to do it as soon as possible.

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast